Brechin v. Airdrie

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently Airdrie were there on time.
There were 8 Brechin players who got caught up and were late. 
According to twitter anyway. 

Less than 11 players Brechin players at scheduled KO perhaps. Lucky not to forfeit, but guess exceptional circumstances have been taken in a shock common sense move.

Well, that's any good vibes from the derby win well and truly gone now. I can understand that you leave gaps at the back when you're chasing the game at the end (which is what I assume happened at the end), but the amount of goals we are leaking is just not acceptable. It wouldn't be acceptable for a part-time team, it certainly isn't for a full-time team in a predominately part-time league. What do our defenders do in training all week?

Counting from the 5-0 defeat at home to Stenny, this is the fifth game in which we have conceded three or more goals in a match (0-5 to Stenny, 2-4 to Stenny, 0-4 to Livingston, 4-3 to Rovers, 0-3 to Brechin). That's just hopeless. Even with a striker like Ryan in form, you're not going to win many games with a defence that may as well be a line of traffic cones for all the good they do.

Not good enough

First half we were understandably sluggish and Airdrie looked much sharper. By all accounts Airdrie players were there in ample time and that it was a lot of the Brechin players held up.

Penalty was a bit on the soft side but the defender stupidly lunged in and gave the ref a decision to make.

Second half was the complete opposite. Thought we were outstanding and Airdrie were all over the place. What an absolute pearler from Ally Love for the second goal, couldn't have hit it any sweeter. Superb finish from Jacko to round off a well deserved three points.

No failures in the team tonight. Thought Dale, Fusco, Love and Jacko were particular standouts.

Three wins on the bounce now with another big game down at Hampden on Saturday. Hopefully we can continue our resurgence.

Great result that made the waiting around well worth while. Good if we can keep this run going and see where it takes us. Well done everyone. Once again the moaners will no doubt be scarce on here tonight. Pity they are not as quick to come on and praise when the team does well , as they are quick to jump on it when we lose. Very pleasing.

There's the rub. We have goal scorers like Ryan and Russell, but at the same time we cannae defend corners, set pieces or close down attacks. One nullifies the other.

I recognise that in Rovers we beat a very poor team, so I am not that surprised to lose to Brechin. 

But I am surprised that we get beat 3 nil when they have players missing and half of them don't turn up until 10 mins before kick off. Yet they STILL gub us! 

Stenhousemuir at home on Saturday? 0-4, 0-5??

This ship is sinking. It's every man for himself! Women and tradesmen first!

♢♢♢

Great win last night. We were much better in the second half thought love fusco were brilliant and fin graham was outstanding didn't realise how quick he actuly was seems to suit his new roll. Hopefully keep it going till the end of the season

Archived