Brechin v. Airdrie

Left Airdrie at 5 and arrived at 7.10. I had told my brother in law of the time years ago when I arrived at Brechin about 2. 20 only to discover it was frost bound and off. Went to see a dire Arbroath Albion rovers game instead. In hindsight last night I wished it had been put off! Met Ann Marie Ballantyne at the entrance and was told there would be an 8.45 kick off as the Brechin players had been delayed by the Forth road bridge closure and the club had agreed to the delayed kick off. Saw the first half of Leicester game in a pleasant bar; one of the locals said their manager had been really delayed. Jokingly said I wished ours had. Game kicked off at 8.50 as the Brechin goalie was just getting his jersey on. Airdrie had there been in plenty of time as like us they came up in time and presumably via Dunblane etc. Was standing beside some locals and they agreed that Airdrie were the dominant side till about 35 minutes. Few shots going wide/about 10 corners going nowhere/similar set up to Saturday with Russell in behind Ryan/Mckay looking ok but not really threatening. McKay got a head knock and a lengthy injury treatment; on came Brown up front to little effect. Scott Stewart lost a ball in a tackle and Love ran into the box and cutely drew the foul for the penalty. Basically that was it and Brechin dominated the second half as we went 4-5-1. One good cross ball from Russell almost made it 1-1. From a rare corner in comparison to Airdrie. Ally love was left unchallenged and hit a cracker of a goal. For once no one could blame our goalie as he had a good game! Had one more shot which hit the post but Brechin defended well and Jackson out paced one of our defenders on the counter attack and smacked it home. I left then! The icing on the cake was Bo  as a forward as we went to 3-5-2. My brother in law had never been at Brechin but thought Brown was a sand dancer who added nothing/ the team was disorganized and lacking any ideas/and how long had the manager been a manager. Now have the worst goals against in the League! Some shouted comments at MW but it was the usual "disappointment"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, some really shitty goals conceded again.

First:   where is McDonald's header going?   Clear your f**king lines FFS?  Then Stewart is easily robbed.   But admittedly the pen award looks really soft from that angle.

The 2nd?  Cracking strike from Love but WTF is that pansy Russell doing?   Some really half hearted defending and turned his back?   Could you imagine Lawrence, Smith or Coyle, Cooper etc., doing that?  Me neither.

And the 3rd?   Terrible positioning by Rohan, shouldnt be beaten at his near post like that.

18 hours ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

A wage thief with 13 goals and 3 assists this season.

Correct. A whining , diving wage thief with 13 goals .......at least he was on Tuesday night.  And since when did assists count for anything apart from on a meaningless computer game ? 

Saying that, he assisted in Airdrie's second half collapse by contributing hee haw. :whistle

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Correct. A whining , diving wage thief with 13 goals .......at least he was on Tuesday night.  And since when did assists count for anything apart from on a meaningless computer game ? 

Saying that, he assisted in Airdrie's second half collapse by contributing hee haw. :whistle

13 goals, how many from open play?  

36 minutes ago, waysider said:

According to OS he's scored 15 goals. I'd guess about 7 or 8 were penalties. In my opinion he would have scored a few more if not stuck out on the wing.

Russell has been a decent signing I was critical of him earlier in the season with his daft red cards and also wanting him dropped at the time so he would learn his lesson.

He had a big say on us beating the Rovers and on Tuesday night he was possibly our best player. He is showing far more fight and bottle than some other players in the team.

33 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Russell has been a decent signing I was critical of him earlier in the season with his daft red cards and also wanting him dropped at the time so he would learn his lesson.

He had a big say on us beating the Rovers and on Tuesday night he was possibly our best player. He is showing far more fight and bottle than some other players in the team.

The only fight he showed in that second half was when he pushed Ally Love.  

10 hours ago, waysider said:

According to OS he's scored 15 goals. I'd guess about 7 or 8 were penalties. In my opinion he would have scored a few more if not stuck out on the wing.

He played most of his career there and was signed to play there. 

Where did Owen Coyle play in the famous "Lawrence, Harvey and Coyle" forward line, or "Lawrence, Smith/Fash, Coyle"?

Archived