Casseroles

DA Baracus

What happened to casseroles? When I was a young kid, I mind they used to be fairly popular. My parents made us them fairly often (sausage casserole usually), although I used to hate and dread them. They had one of those stupid casserole dishes which was glass, and I always dreamed of smashing the fucker with the casserole still inside.

They seem to have fallen out of favour now, as I rarely hear of them these days. I think the last time I had one was in circa 1994 and I can't say I miss them.

Are they actually decent? Am I missing out? Or are they as shit and boring as I remember?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

My kids are having Sausage Casserole that I made for them in the slow cooker for dinner tonight.

And it's fucking awesome.

Sashauge casserole?

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You've quite clearly tried to shoehorn the word "Sash" in for comic effect and it's really not worked.

You're better than this.

I have. And it didn't.

Please accept my humble apology.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Oh and I'll broker no more puns on my thread

I suspect what you're really angling for here is some sort of Space Raiders casserole. The pizza one sounds promising. My mum does a mean casserole. She's 75 but no bad. I could maybe set the two of you up? 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

I suspect what you're really angling for here is some sort of Space Raiders casserole. The pizza one sounds promising. My mum does a mean casserole. She's 75 but no bad. I could maybe set the two of you up? 

Absolutely. I'll start doing cock push-ups.

I know that [mention=27442]Stellaboz[/mention] loved them when he was a lad...

Disgusting choice of dinner, tastes less bland boring beige nonsense. Fcking hate casseroles. I used to make up excuses for not having them and sneaking outfor a takeaway when it was served in my younger days.

Someone at work mentioned they were making beef casserole last week. Had n the urge to hit them repeatedly with a door knob.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Disgusting choice of dinner, tastes less bland boring beige nonsense. Fcking hate casseroles. I used to make up excuses for not having them and sneaking outfor a takeaway when it was served in my younger days.

Someone at work mentioned they were making beef casserole last week. Had n the urge to hit them repeatedly with a door my knob.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Absolutely. I'll start doing cock push-ups.

And I'm truly sorry about the pun. 

My (former) brother in law and my late sis were staying with my mum and her (then) hubby (lots of death and divorce in this tale). Brother in law reported to me he felt very inferior, such was the level of wall banging and bed rattling coming from the auld yins' bedroom. I'm looking forward to this new romance. Me coming over, sharing chicken casserole and calling you daddy. All very Fife.

Archived