Jordyn Sheerin & Brian Martin available?

wee mike

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

And there is the difference. Everyone else is looking to improve to get to the top. Your lot are happy to be standing still. Good Luck with that. 

16 teams in the league and everyone is trying to improve with different levels of expectations. Financial clout has to be earned not given and if Kelty or any of the other 15 have a sustainable form of regular income then the league will be very competitive. However, that ain't going to happen. With the rumoured high wages being paid to certain players by my reckoning and based on a 20 player squad their average weekly wage bill would be around 3k - 3.5k. 

And there is the difference. Everyone else is looking to improve to get to the top. Your lot are happy to be standing still. Good Luck with that. 

Happy to be standing still? Nope. I'm afraid you've just made that up.

Everyone else? Your team really don't seem to be doing all that well tbh.

4 hours ago, YirTea'sOot said:

No danger we would have signed him though.

We'd rather play a right-footed centre-midfielder out of position than sign a left-back. 

Cause you couldn't afford him? Boy gemmill has been playing in a defensive position has he not recently. Brian was and probably still is is a far superior player than he will ever be, and he played the game the way it should be. Gemmill is either a dirty wee get or feigning injury to get a player booked or sent off.

Also, since some Bo'ess fans think this should be Hunter's last season, Brian would give you a better option as a centre half. Great tackler and header-er of a ball. Brian stopped playing for the Burgh for a while and we were poor without him. However, when he came back, he was in the main why our fortunes Changed and we went on a long non-losing streak. It was these performances that made Berwick come and get him, and why wouldn't you give senior football a chance if the opportunity comes your way.

Casey,  saying Michael Gemmell is "a dirty wee get feigning injury to get a player booked or sent off " is like saying the pope is a catholic.   The junior game is the better for having panto villains like Michael Gemmell in my opinion.  

Everybody knows how Gemmell plays the game but every other week some sucker on the park takes the bait.  

Used to shout abuse at Gemmell when he played for opponents but he is a master of his craft and is playing really well at full back this season for the BU's.  

37 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Cause you couldn't afford him? Boy gemmill has been playing in a defensive position has he not recently. Brian was and probably still is is a far superior player than he will ever be, and he played the game the way it should be. Gemmill is either a dirty wee get or feigning injury to get a player booked or sent off.

Also, since some Bo'ess fans think this should be Hunter's last season, Brian would give you a better option as a centre half. Great tackler and header-er of a ball. Brian stopped playing for the Burgh for a while and we were poor without him. However, when he came back, he was in the main why our fortunes Changed and we went on a long non-losing streak. It was these performances that made Berwick come and get him, and why wouldn't you give senior football a chance if the opportunity comes your way.

Seen both players and reckoned they were both good enough to step up. What happens to them in that grade?

You've been talking about Brian Martin like he's the Juniors version of Paolo Maldini [emoji1]

The guy is a decent player, but from what I recall, I don't ever remember him being particularly great for Mussy when we played you. Put a bit of pace on the wing or a run into the channels and he was done. Turned like a tractor.

44 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

You misunderstood me.

I'm sure Brian Martin is a very decent player and I wasn't having a go at him but I was having a go at the long established tradition at Bo'ness of playing players completely out of position - especially when it comes to full-backs. You are correct in saying that Gemmell is playing right back (although I believe someone posted previously that he had played there before at one of his previous clubs. Bonnyrigg?) however I was referring to Ross Philp (a right footed centre midfielder) currently playing left back for us.

Not a recent occurrence as I can remember us signing Graeme McLaren from Bathgate a few years ago as a left winger and he ended up playing left back!

Don't know the answer to that boheesian. When Sheerin played for us two seasons ago, he was a great player andgoal scorer, and if I'm right, the top scorer in the league that year - Faceman will know the answer to that. He also scored a magnificent goal in the Scottish cup final. When he went to Livingston and then Berwick, I thought he would be a success. But as I don't watch either side, I don't know why he hasn't made it. When he and Stevie Thompson were in the same side a couple of years ago, most of the goals went Sheerin's way. Recently at Berwick, it looks like Thompson had the upper hand. Maybe some players don't adapt to professional football.

However, if he wasn't a good player, then the way Kelty's season is going, why have they signed him?

Same with Brian - I thought he would be at Berwick for longer too. He seemed to get good reviews, particularly when he first joined. Maybe he had other reasons for leaving Berwick, but I would take him back at Musselburgh!

13 minutes ago, YirTea'sOot said:

You misunderstood me.

I'm sure Brian Martin is a very decent player and I wasn't having a go at him but I was having a go at the long established tradition at Bo'ness of playing players completely out of position - especially when it comes to full-backs. You are correct in saying that Gemmell is playing right back (although I believe someone posted previously that he had played there before at one of his previous clubs. Bonnyrigg?) however I was referring to Ross Philp (a right footed centre midfielder) currently playing left back for us.

Not a recent occurrence as I can remember us signing Graeme McLaren from Bathgate a few years ago as a left winger and he ended up playing left back!

Okay - thank you and my mistake.

15 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

You've been talking about Brian Martin like he's the Juniors version of Paolo Maldini emoji1.png

The guy is a decent player, but from what I recall, I don't ever remember him being particularly great for Mussy when we played you. Put a bit of pace on the wing or a run into the channels and he was done. Turned like a tractor.

Not quite the player that Maldini was, but near enough! Maybe It's because I saw him play every week, and on the whole, when he played, Musselburgh at that time played much better with him. We all have off days, but I liked the guy as a player. All about opinions.

32 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Casey,  saying Michael Gemmell is "a dirty wee get feigning injury to get a player booked or sent off " is like saying the pope is a catholic.   The junior game is the better for having panto villains like Michael Gemmell in my opinion.  

Everybody knows how Gemmell plays the game but every other week some sucker on the park takes the bait.  

Used to shout abuse at Gemmell when he played for opponents but he is a master of his craft and is playing really well at full back this season for the BU's.  

Again, maybe you are right, but didn't like him when he was at Hill o' Beath, as I felt he was a cheat the way he played, and a dirty one at that. Couldn't believe that he went onto Bonnyrigg and then to Bo'ness. I certainly wouldn't want him playing at Musselburgh as I don't like that kind of player.

Again, maybe you are right, but didn't like him when he was at Hill o' Beath, as I felt he was a cheat the way he played, and a dirty one at that. Couldn't believe that he went onto Bonnyrigg and then to Bo'ness. I certainly wouldn't want him playing at Musselburgh as I don't like that kind of player.

Five years ago or so, Mussy or any other team with a realistic chance of signing Gemmell would have snapped him up in the click of a button.
Knows every sneaky wee trick in the book to rile folk and that's why oppositions love to hate him, but at the same time he's a very good player that everyone would have in their team.

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Five years ago or so, Mussy or any other team with a realistic chance of signing Gemmell would have snapped him up in the click of a button.
Knows every sneaky wee trick in the book to rile folk and that's why oppositions love to hate him, but at the same time he's a very good player that everyone would have in their team.

I agree with the tricks and riling bit, and he always tries to talk to the referee to get him to see his point of view. Maybe if he signed for Musselburgh, I would change my mind and agree with you - but hopefully that isn't going to happen!

Gemmell's a good player and puts a shift in wherever he plays,always liked a rant on the park and knew exactly what he was doing during a game,bit like Marmite,you either like him or not,always found him pleasant guy to talk to,just saying.

Gemmell's a good player and puts a shift in wherever he plays,always liked a rant on the park and knew exactly what he was doing during a game,bit like Marmite,you either like him or not,always found him pleasant guy to talk to,just saying.

Bit like yersel!

Don't see what the problem is sheerin had a year left on his contract and clearly happy to wave all that cash he'd get in favour of a lot less money in fife [emoji4]

20 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

No.

I know what you mean, there are players that fall into that category. But there are exceptions. For me he is one of them. I disagree strongly that Mussey or any team would snap him up unless they thought they were able to work on the unpleasant side of his game, and it wouldnt take long for them to figuare out that it would be very difficult if not impossible to do that. A excellent player does exist, but when your own supporters are embarrassed by what can only be described as cheating then you hope that there is a strong ref at the game. more often than not though, he is too good for them.

Just to make the point clearer. There is only 1 thing worse than the antics which he gets up to in a 90 minutes - That is having someone within your own team giving the opponents information from within. They are both forms of cheating and if any team i support ever brought in either type of player then i would up sticks and watch someone else. 

Archived