RedRob72

What's your regular watch P&Bers?

QI
Cats does Countdown
Mock The Week
Room 101
HIGNFY
etc....

'Would I lie to you' for the RR household.
Lee Mack and David Mitchell good cover for each other[emoji3]

Yours?

Much of this plus league of our own.
I know it's not a panel show but I do like a bit of 'tipping point' and 'the chase'

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

I'll look for it in future.   I think WILTY is decent.   A limited show, but Mack, Brydon and Mitchell are excellent.  

It's worthwhile TV, in a world of dross. 

Rob Brydon's career peaked on Pick Up Song on HIGNFY.  Scroll through to about the 4th minute:

Just A Minute is a show I want to like but I cant stand it. It is on at a time when I walk the dog and I generally listen to the Radio 4 comedy half hour before the serious farming business of The Archers.  I appreciate the skill it takes the comedians to improvise but I just find it tedious. Perhaps the problem is with me. I think Radio 4 comedy hits peaks and troughs, I cant get into most of their output just now, really don't like Stephen K Amos' sitcom and the Swedish sitcom is dull. When it is good it is really good though. I'm Sorry I haven't  A Clue is great and Clare In The Community and Old Harry's Game and Cabin Pressure are excellent.

Absolutely vile to discover people genuinely listen to the radio for any reason other than music or football.

Truly disturbing.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolutely vile to discover people genuinely listen to the radio for any reason other than music or football.

Truly disturbing.

You should give LBC a listen.

Also i watched Would i lie to You last night and thought it was pretty cringeworthy shite.

Truly disturbing.

Showing yourself up here. It might help you a little. Try the media review on a Thursday lunchtime with Cosgrove and O'Neil. Superb show.

20 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Just A Minute is a show I want to like but I cant stand it. It is on at a time when I walk the dog and I generally listen to the Radio 4 comedy half hour before the serious farming business of The Archers.  I appreciate the skill it takes the comedians to improvise but I just find it tedious. Perhaps the problem is with me. I think Radio 4 comedy hits peaks and troughs, I cant get into most of their output just now, really don't like Stephen K Amos' sitcom and the Swedish sitcom is dull. When it is good it is really good though. I'm Sorry I haven't  A Clue is great and Clare In The Community and Old Harry's Game and Cabin Pressure are excellent.

You're right about peaks and troughs and right now we're in a trough.  Even the normally reliable News Quiz has had the heart torn out of it by Miles Jupp.

The Swedish sitcom is interesting.  It's not very funny but, having had Swedish in laws, it is quite accurate in a cartoonish way.

Cabin Pressure was magnificent.  Radio 4 Extra has reruns now and again, though.

8 out of 10 cats when Lock and Richardson were team captains was usually quite good, Jimmy Carr's laugh is fuckin annoying tho. 

Cats does Countdown is ok for a slight change but they do too many now.

Early editions of Mock The Week were usually good too.

8 out of 10 cats when Lock and Richardson were team captains was usually quite good, Jimmy Carr's laugh is fuckin annoying tho. 
Cats does Countdown is ok for a slight change but they do too many now.
Early editions of Mock The Week were usually good too.

Cats does Countdown has become a bit farcical for me, there's too much crap patter in between rounds, and that pointless prop thing they do with the Chippendale Models at the break.
Rachel Riley's still worth a watch though and Ijimmy Carr is a better host than that smug cunt than Nick Hewer .

Was "They Think it's all Over" a good show back in the day? I used to think it was hilarious but I was very young at the time.

I liked it a lot when I was a kid, think the BBC could bring it back and make a success out of it, far better than league of their own.

Was "They Think it's all Over" a good show back in the day? I used to think it was hilarious but I was very young at the time.

Whatever happened to Lee Hurst? He just seemed to disappear from our screens after this. He had a face you'd never tire of punching...

Archived