Hamburg Stag Do

MattBaker

I'm sure there's a thread about Hamburg.  But for my two cents.  The Reeperbahn is seedy and dodgy as fuck.   I loved it :thumsup2.

I stayed in the generator hostel which is near the train station.  If your looking to just get pished there's plenty pubs down the st Pauli area,  cultural stuff include a bombed out church with a cool view and some miniature model town which I couldn't be arsed with.  They all seem to drink a beer called Astra.  I found it shite as it gave me a raging hangover.  Also I spewed up some currywurst I bought in the Reeperbahn.  It's a cool city but not a particularly nice asthetic city, due to it getting flattened by the raf.  

Reeperbahn, lad, go to the Reeperbahn. If not for the rather sleazy aspects of it (being Germany's most famous red light district 'n all), then go for the punk culture and FC Sankt Pauli. Deffo try and grab a home match, stand with the hardcore fans. They're crazy, maybe a bit too left wing for my tastes, but it should be a wild and unforgettable night.

Was there last summer for three nights. The Reeperbahn is the obvious destination for a night out. The bars can be hit or miss. First one we went into was like a crack den, everyone out their face and draped over the seats. But two doors down was a really nice, modern bar with a lot of folk watching the Euros.  

Otto's Burgers was good for a hungover lunch. There a very upmarket shopping area and the harbour is one of the largest working docks in Europe. I didn't do much apart from watch the Euros and go drinking so we were mostly in the Reeperbahn. Couldn't speak to any activities or sightseeing other than just wandering around and seeing the city.

My stag was in Hamburg. Great place. A tour of the Reeperbahn is a must and if you can get to a game then either Hamburg or St.Pauli will give you a great match day experience. There are some great wee bars down the side streets near the Reeperbahn, don't just stick to the main strip.

If anyone is still awake in the early morning then a trip to the fish market is a must. Fantastic place (and plaice).

The bars can be hit or miss. First one we went into was like a crack den, everyone out their face and draped over the seats. But two doors down was a really nice, modern bar with a lot of folk watching the Euros.  

If that was my mates, I doubt we'd have left the first bar.

Yes. Went this time last year. Incredible.

As said above, the Reeperbahn is the place to be. Loads of pubs and clubs, my favourite club was the Irish one (forgot the name of it, St tams or something).

We went paintballing and also did a submarine tour, weather was pish but the nightlife is class . The first night we got a bar crawl guide off this woman, she took us to the Dollhouse which was right at the front of the strip. Drinks are not that cheap though and if you get the chance head up to hesserstasse (spelling) you won't miss it!

ETA: on the sunday morning a few of us were still out around 5.30am and noticed a few nightclubs were still open, ended up in an RNB club til about 7am. Was weird as f**k but I'd do it again definitely

• 4 months later...

Went for a stag do a few months ago and stayed in the Reeperbahn. Absolute tip but it is a glorious place. It's got everything you need. Hundreds of bars, half naked woman in windows and good food. Would recommend the 99c bar mentioned above. It does look like they have covered up a fair few murders in there but it's a great place for a few drinks.

Never made it do a game but did a tour of St Pauli stadium which was only 5 mins walk away from our hotel.

Archived