Falkirk v Dundee United (3rd v 2nd)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After a decent all round team performance I quietly confident of a good result on Saturday, same team but with Aird at RM.
2-1 Falkirk        Baird, Hippo and Andreu.

Agreed with your squad. Not sure if Aird will be back from Canada and prepared in time? Should be a close game. United looked comfortable v raith but they are really poor just now. Prior to that game Uniteds form wasn't great. Another very close game me thinks with one goal in it either way

Watched these boys on alba on Saturday, looked half class but I reckon Raith are murder atm. Hopefully pump them rotten like last time they came here. Would like another goal from Baird and one from Hippo or Sibbs, wouldn't mind a Leahy smash for old time's sake.

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Agreed with your squad. Not sure if Aird will be back from Canada and prepared in time? Should be a close game. United looked comfortable v raith but they are really poor just now. Prior to that game Uniteds form wasn't great. Another very close game me thinks with one goal in it either way

I wouldn't be too fussed with Craigen at RM tbf, but if he is back I would prefer his pace.

Same defence except Toshney in for the Edge who is suspended.

Flood and Telfer in defensive mid with Nicholls, Andreu and Murray behind Mikkelssen.

If Flood is still out then Toshney alongside Telfer and Dillon in for the Edge.

We will drop points here, I think that we are still a bit fragile after our nightmarish spell recently. Our second half against Raith was very good but they are indeed absolutely rank at the moment. If we can get going quickly then who knows but hopefully McKinnon sticks with our best formation which gives us the best chance of getting a result.

Bell

Van der Struijk

Toshney

Durnan

Dixon

Flood

Fraser

Nicholls

Andreu

Murray

Mikkelson

Score draw, 2-2.

37 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Fraser in defensive mid is probably not the best idea though.

I would never play a formation that gave Fraser defensive duties.  If Flood is still out and it's Toshney and Telfer in defensive mid there's always the option of changing to 4-1-4-1 if we're chasing the game by taking off Telfer and bringing on Spittal, Fraser or VdV.

Just stick with the same system as the Raith game moving Toshney back to CH and Flood back in if hes recovered.  If Flood is still out we could be in difficulty.

Raith were absolutely shite last weekend and fully expect a much tougher game from Falkirk but saw enough in the second half to suggest we are better just going baws out and attacking rather than playing 2 sitting midfielders and not creating enough up top.

12 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

The Falkirk team picks itself for the first time this season.

We finally have a balance in there. Back to basics and it's working.

Come on then give us the team

Hopefully we're hitting form just at the right time whilst du apart from last week's bye against Raith have been really struggling.  Hopefully aird will be back giving the side better balance and a threat on both wings. Disappointed edjenguele's out as he's murder and was owned by Lee miller in the first game at tfs. If floods out that will be a bonus though.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Fraser in defensive mid is probably not the best idea though.

Meh, depends on the role. Fraser playing deeper gives him plenty of opportunities to get on the ball and build play. He's obviously not one for flying into tackles but he's very willing and capable of taking the ball and keeping it under pressure which is just as important in that position, in my opinion.

Bell

VDS  Durnan  Dillon   Dixon

Flood     Toshney

Fraser    Andreu      Nicholls

Mikkleson 

Or 

Bell

VDS  Durnan  Toshney   Dixon

Flood     Telfer

Fraser    Andreu      Nicholls

Mikkleson 

A win here for United would virtually secure us a play-off spot and give us a 9 point cushion on third and fourth as well as cutting the gap to Hibs to 3pts. A must win, if United want to win the league, a must not lose to keep Falkirk and Morton at bay.

Hopefully Willo will be back in action on Saturday:

Bell

Van der Struik      Durnan        Donaldson        Dixon

Flood              Toshney

Fraser       Andreu          Murray

Mikkelsen

ETA : Just realised the Edge was suspended

4 hours ago, Marr1 said:

A win here for United would virtually secure us a play-off spot and give us a 9 point cushion on third and fourth as well as cutting the gap to Hibs to 3pts. A must win, if United want to win the league, a must not lose to keep Falkirk and Morton at bay.

Hopefully Willo will be back in action on Saturday:

Bell

Van der Struik      Durnan        Donaldson        Dixon

Flood              Toshney

Fraser       Andreu          Murray

Mikkelsen

ETA : Just realised the Edge was suspended

Donaldson :lol::lol::lol:

Are you on drugs?

Archived