Livi v Stranraer

Also remember the Stranraer young team at Stair Park banging the fence next to us every time they scored and singing "Livingston are going down, down" sore one to take at the time but it's funny now as its Stranraer who are going down, down.

Couple of weeks before the game our chairman was in the local paper saying we're going to build a fence and make Livingston pay for it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Afro said:

Sometimes I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about that awful night in Stranraer. Greasy pitch, a flurry of goals, Darren Cole still attempting to cover as a footballer, Morgyn Neill looking like a little lost lamb every time the spherical entity that was the match ball came within 50 metres of him... All compounded by a gang of prepubescent laddies proclaiming that our relegation was inevitable.

Sadly I didn't make the demolition job we administered on the opening day of the season, or the comeback win at the Stadio Stair Park. Please, Livingston, let me sleep better by banging a few in here. :unsure2: 

So you've went to the games we lost and missed the games we won, any chance you could give this game a miss Afro?

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

So you've went to the games we lost and missed the games we won, any chance you could give this game a miss Afro?

Could be a shout! I wasn't going to go on Saturday but was able to make it last minute. I didn't head up to Peterhead either, so maybe I'm a bad omen.

Knowing my luck I'll give Saturday a miss and Longridge will finally be back in at LB!

2 hours ago, Afro said:

Could be a shout! I wasn't going to go on Saturday but was able to make it last minute. I didn't head up to Peterhead either, so maybe I'm a bad omen.

Knowing my luck I'll give Saturday a miss and Longridge will finally be back in at LB!

What you hoping for Lithgow can't get dropped he's Hopkins wee pal

Good feeling about this game today , if further improvement under our new boss continues then I think a point at least is very achievable .we have an experienced squad of quality players for this league and our league position is really not a true reflection on where we should be , with the boost to confidence that we will take from our last two games we should see a far better Stranraer than in previous encounters this season .

going for a score draw 1-1 .

That was an awful game of football. I can't see us winning games at home for the rest of the season with the pitch in that condition.
Buchanan was offside for his chance but really should have done better and Byrnes effort off the crossbar was a crackin shot.
Apart from that both teams were awful but Stranraer had a good first half in comparison to us then just decided to time waste the entire second half.

Not one to live long in the memory, pretty awful game. 

I thought Stranraer played decent stuff in the first half considering the pitch, better than us on the ball but didn't create anything at all for the 90 minutes. 

2nd half we played much better and created a fare few chances, combination of the keeper, goal line clearance and the cross bar keeping it a draw. 

Stranraer clearly came for a point and got that point, fair play, defended really well, time wasting was quite incredible though, not arguing with that at all but we where there for the taking today, even worse was the fact that the ref only added on 2 minutes :blink:

hey ho, not the win we wanted but it's not a defeat and it takes us a point further clear at the top. 

As for Stranraer, they are clearly well drilled defensively and will be tough to beat for anyone from now until the end of the season.

The pitch :thumbsdown

Job done! Three clean sheets on the bounce, a win and two draws.
One huge difference under the manger is we're organised.
At times it wasn't the best to watch but a fantastic defensive display. Buchanan hardly got a look in. The one chance he had he offside, although the linesman didn't agree.
Stranraer the better side the first and tried to play football on what is the worst pitch I've seen in years. Despite being better we didn't create too much.
Second half was a different story, backs to the wall stuff but we rode the storm and defended really well.
Belford clawed the ball round the post, saved one with his feet and a shot off the bar. Everything else was routine.

Delighted with a point.

Good point for the Blues. Draw away at east fife. 3-0 win at home to rovers. 0-0 at the leaders lifts us off the bottom. Its put us back in with a chance of climbing the table. Well done Blues. Decent first half from us. Second half was always going to be tougher with Livingston having the elements behind them.

Archived