Livi v Stranraer

Stranraer have had a couple of good results with a draw to East Fife and a big win over Rovers, two teams we struggle against, so not expecting this to be an easy game. Same score as our last game against them would do, Buchanan to make it 6 goals in 6 league games too.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping we make this one difficult for you although it may be that it's a fixture which has come too soon after our change of manager. Four points from six and two clean sheets is certainly a promising start for Faz in charge!

Making my first visit of the season to Livi (can't remember the stadium name this season) and looking for some kind of revenge for our mauling back in August. Hoping to take something/anything, but we really need to be beating the likes of Rovers, Peterhead and Stenny to kick-start any kind of climb up the table. I believe Morgyn Neill isn't allowed to play in this one, which is a pity. But we have enough defenders/midfielders so his absence really shouldn't be a problem.

I'm expecting a tough game, new manager bounce, Stranraer are looking harder to beat but we have to be winning this one at home.

We don't want to give any of the chasing teams a bit of hope, a win here and a win over Airdrieonians the following weekend will almost get us over the line, two defeats and it's squeaky bum time. 

Hopefully our pitch is in slightly better condition to allow us to try and play football but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Cant see us deviating from the line up from the last couple weeks. 

Any win will do me

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Shame if Morgyn Neill isn't allowed to play. Always thought he was a perfectly able defender even if his confidence could be a bit suspect at times.

Would have been interesting to see him up against Buchanan.

It may be interesting but I'd question the sense of the club would allow him to play, which I highly doubt, if he made a mistake which cost Stranraer a goal it would be seen as suspicious, if he put in a brilliant performance and stopped us scoring then we'd be quite frustrated. 

After the last 2 performances under the new manager a wee bit more confident on this one,we seem to be more solid and harder to beat,albeit this will be our hardest test yet.No doubt it will be a more defensive set up from the home game last Saturday,probably play for the point and if you get 3,eureka.On paper it's top v bottom but our last couple of games shows we shouldn't be bottom,interesting.

Shocking behaviour in play off while celebrating qualifying for a playoff final. Really disturbing stuff.

Anyway back to the senseable chat. Will be tough for the Blues against an impressive Livi side. However we are harder to beat now due to better organisation through the team. Bit unfortunate our defence is getting changed again due to loan agreement. Hopefully the changes wont affect us though. Wullie Gibson to be the architect to get the blues a deserved 1-1 draw.

Shocking behaviour in play off while celebrating qualifying for a playoff final. Really disturbing stuff.

Anyway back to the senseable chat. Will be tough for the Blues against an impressive Livi side. However we are harder to beat now due to better organisation through the team. Bit unfortunate our defence is getting changed again due to loan agreement. Hopefully the changes wont affect us though. Wullie Gibson to be the architect to get the blues a deserved 1-1 draw.

Think Gibson is suspended. Will find out later in the week.

Hopefully Buchanan gets the winner and the team and the 800 fans celebrate by running over to the Stranraer bench and banging on the top of it while pointing at Eric Philips.

Also remember the Stranraer young team at Stair Park banging the fence next to us every time they scored and singing "Livingston are going down, down" sore one to take at the time but it's funny now as its Stranraer who are going down, down.

Sometimes I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about that awful night in Stranraer. Greasy pitch, a flurry of goals, Darren Cole still attempting to cover as a footballer, Morgyn Neill looking like a little lost lamb every time the spherical entity that was the match ball came within 50 metres of him... All compounded by a gang of prepubescent laddies proclaiming that our relegation was inevitable.

Sadly I didn't make the demolition job we administered on the opening day of the season, or the comeback win at the Stadio Stair Park. Please, Livingston, let me sleep better by banging a few in here. :unsure2: 

Archived