Your thoughts on the 12 Premiership clubs

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Our first ever game as a member of the league on 13/08/94.   A 5-2 victory for us at Telford Street.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  Only went to maybe another 3 games that season though.

Edit - It was our first league game i mean.  Think we played a cup game the week before.  East Stirling or Stirling Albion.  It was one of them.

Beat The Shire 2-0 at Firs Park in the League Cup on 9/8/94 in front of a reported 899. On the Saturday, beat Arbroath 5-2 in front of 1700 at Telford Street.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it, everyone in Scotland is deep down, whether they want to admit it or not.

Scotlands captain, Scotlands leader, Scottish.... legend. [emoji173]️

Hes a fucking thug. Watching his wee rat face twist when he misplaced a five yard pass, and a whole stand cheered, was beautiful.

Hes a fucking thug. Watching his wee rat face twist when he misplaced a five yard pass, and a whole stand cheered, was beautiful.

If I had any sort of IT/phone app skills I'd quote you from yesterday re rising to MJC's trolling.

Lichtie has embraced his pantomime Celtic fan persona much like MJC

Hearts.

As another poster pointed out its difficult to dislike them as much as before due to the credible way they took their medicine surrounding their financial meltdown post Vlad (was it ever going to end any other way?) and walked the walk by digging into their pockets to save their club being liquidated, they still have a few weapons in their support when we go there who pay no attention to the match and seem content to try and wind up and hurl abuse at Celtic fans, they are diminishing in number though and most Jambos including those on here seem sound cunts, even Paulo despite his shitebaggery disappearing acts when they lose, he seriously needs to pop his cherry that boy, cant see it happening though.

Would like to see their manager succeed if only to piss off that fat, monster munch eating b*****d Kris Boyd but, have a wee feeling it may go the way of Ronny Deila and end up a failed experiment.

Love going to Tynecastle, would be nice if they gave us the whole Roseburn like they used to but, being their ground they are entitled to allocate more to their own fans when demand is there, when the new stand is complete will capacity be increased enough that the away allocation may increase? The place absolutely rocks when full even if it can sometimes have a nasty air to it for games v Celtic at times, comes to be expected I guess from two supports who actively dislike each other.

Liked from the past. I should say John Colquhoun seeing as he is married to my cousin but will instead plump for Henry 'drop the ball' Smith for his loveable trait of goalkeeping gaffes v Celtic, most notably the 1988 SC semi. :lol:

Disliked intensely Alex McDonald, a horrible red faced, alki jakeball spiteful wee bigot. Saw an interview with him once on a documentary on the Old Firm where he said, he and a number of leading Rangers players of the 1970's opposed a change to the clubs signing policy/traditions as he felt only "Good Scottish boys, good Rangers men should wear the blue jersey" without saying it outright, its clear exactly what he meant, utter scumbag. Even before I disliked him with a passion, a nasty wee shite who you'd never tire of slapping.

Like of the current side, Djoum, very underated IMO as is Sam Nicholson who has impressed me at times v Celtic.

Disliked a bit, Jamie Walker for his outrageous dive on the opening day of the season and subsequent rude gesture to the Celtic fans after scoring his penalty. Worked out okay in the end though, we won the match, he got a two match ban for the dive and indulged in a spot of hunskelping last week, even finding time to taunt Kenny Miller after one of his goals :D

Aberdeen-Quite a few likeable players, and Paul Sheerin is up there now so that's another reason to like them. Was at the cup final vs Inverness a few years ago and my Mum supports them too. Only downside is that the last couple of loanees we've had from Aberdeen have been shite.

Celtic-Prefer them to Rangers. Like to see them do well in Europe until they actually do and people who've never been within 20 miles of Parkhead come out with shite like "The sellik shirt doesn't shrink to fit inferiors players!!HH". Also not a fan of the whole social justice warrior front a lot of their fans put on.

Dundee-My favourite top flight team, I've had some good days out watching them. Pal plays for them so get comps whenever I want which is always a bonus. The Derry is a thing of beauty and exactly the type of thing new build grounds lack.

Hamilton-Enjoyed watching them the first half of the season they came up, feel a bit sorry for Canning because he's obviously hopeless but won't get the sack. Also gave us Craig Watson which was pretty dece of them.

Hearts-Class stadium, some exciting players too. Hope Cathro does well. Prefer Hibs though.

ICT-Ground is a bit shit, but scenery is spectacular. Only seen us play their first team once and we got beat 7-0, but was a v good day out. Hope they stay up.

Killie-Largely nonplussed about Killie. Think they're the only of the current premiership teams I haven't seen in the person.

Motherwell-Gave us Lee Erwin for a bit which was good. Good fans and that play-off against Rangers is something I'll always cherish. Do enjoy watching the highlights back occasionally. Always have a few likeable players, not to keen on McGhee though. Liked Baraclough in the sense that I thought he was hopeless but trying his best, then it all came together against Rangers. Should've walked after that.

Partick-Big fan of Alan Archibald, and have a fair amount of likeable players. Ground is okay bar the empty space behind the goal, although I don't think I've ever seen as much bird shite as I did in that main stand!

Rangers-Lol. Memories of David Banjo and Bobby Linn scoring against them for us when we were cheated out of a point will live long in the mind. Also a constant source of hilarity. Few players I like though, Kenny Miller being one.

Ross County-Not a lot to dislike about them, hope we get them in the cup soon as I reckon it'd be a great day out. I like Jim McIntyre and think Liam Boyce is horrendously underrated.

St Johnstone-Shit looking ground, but I quite like them. Swanson is a cracking player and I like Tommy Wright. Like how they seem to have a fair few players who've played for them for ages.

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 17:17, Mr Hahn said:

Pleasing to see we're still held in good regard for our services to the league in the playoff final.

My thoughts:

Aberdeen: Quite like Aberdeen mostly due to my being up here and watching them more than I generally see my own team in a season. When they're not playing Motherwell, I generally look out for their results and want them to win. Having said this, I find Pittodrie a rank ground to visit as a fan. It's fucking freezing no matter where you sit. If you're in the away section you face the brunt of it off the North Sea. The home fans also have a tendency to be moany is fuck, even for football fans. I went to a cup game against Livingstone midweek a couple of seasons ago, Aberdeen were 4-0 up and the guy behind me was still giving some of his own players dog's abuse.

Celtic: Of the two old firm teams, I dislike them slightly less. I generally avoid any game against them and haven't seen them play Motherwell live in years. The away experience at Celtic Park is the worst in the league by far.

Dundee: Don't really mind Dundee. My first ever Motherwell game was against Dundee in the 90s and it seemed to grab my attention.

Hamilton: I often forget they're there tbh. The "rivalry" between us is timid at best and I wouldn't miss the derby games if they didn't happen. I'm impressed by their ability to bring through quality young players and that they continue to compete in the top league despite clearly being the smallest club in a town where, shamefully, no-one really supports them. Suffer from general west of Scotland syndrome with too many supports one of the cheeks.

Hearts: The best away trip in the league. Quality stadium with a good atmosphere and usually a reliably decent number of us go through for it. Used to live within walking distance of Tynecastle so never missed an away game until they got relegated and I moved up here. This moment always sticks in my memory as well with Hearts:

Celtic+v+Hearts+Scottish+Cup+Semi+Final+

Inverness: An enjoyable away day and a club that you can't really dislike. If the game's pish you can always watch the boats in the Moray Firth which is quite nice.

Kilmarnock: The away ground I've been to the most in the league. Can't say I care too much for the town but have been a solid outfit on the park since I started attending game until recently they've been a bit pish.

Partick: A good away day, second probably to Hearts for me. Always enjoy a trip into Glasgow and Partick provide that without one of the cheeks having to be involved. We often travel through in good numbers too which makes the experience quite a bit better.

Rangers: The most rancid, poisonous institution ever to walk earth. I dispise literally everything about the club, from the Union flag waving to the sectarian guff you hear them sing. I can't stand the little rats that pollute the Glasgow subway when there's a game and the sight of supporters buses leaving many of Scotland's towns who themselves have a team is sickening. One redeeming quality though is that Ibrox was the site from my favourite ever football moment, following Motherwell or otherwise:

JS64762849.jpg

I'm even in this picture and I'll never forget it. The fact that we generally bottle it in these situations made me a bag of nerves before the game and there was so much riding on the game. Our top flight status but, perhaps more importantly, we gave the league another year of blissful peace from this blight on humanity.

Ross County: The only ground in the league I've not been to. However I have nothing but admiration for the fans that go to away games week in week out given the travel involved. Have been a solid outfit since they came to the league too.

St Johnstone: Not one of my favourite away days. It's alright but atmosphere seems to be few and far between and the last few years we've been bollocks there.

That was an incredible day and I will pleasure myself furiously if you turn out to be the referee.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Have you not heard.

We're short of Catholics this week so we're having to make do with a couple of Jehovah's witnesses 

Harmless bunch, once saw us put 9 past them in pre-season. No wait, that was Forres Mechanics.

Celtic - Are miles ahead of anyone else and as long as they keep getting into the CL they will win the league.

Aberdeen - Good guys. Thank you for creating David Rowson.

Rangers - Have managed to get worse since their reanimation. The club is dripping with wee man syndrome.

Hearts - Good guys. Great stadium. Glad Cathro is starting to do well.

St Johnstone - Love defensive anti-football, hate it being pointed out. Why can't we replicate what they do?

Motherwell - Lasley is a p***k. The presence of Scott McDonald and Mark McGhee almost undo their great efforts in 2015.

Ross County - Ro$$ €oun¥y.

Kilmarnock - Clark's loan signing policy is an embarrassment. Boyd is a fat hun mess.

Dundee - Good guys. A well supported club who probably underachieve.

Hamilton - Good guys. A well run club in an OF infested area.

Inverness CT - Foran's beard is terrible and Draper is a cunt.

Aberdeen - Around the time I properly got into football they signed two of our managers and a few former players- Blackman and Reynolds. We also had that mental record where we were unbeaten against them in the league for 6 years or something while they knocked us out both cups every season. I think all this led to me thinking Aberdeen were our main rivals and I properly hated them for a few years. Kind of mellowed towards them recently as they've been challenging Celtic, and I like McGinn, McInnes, Shinnie et al.

Mark McGhee really winds them up.

Celtic - I vastly prefer them to Rangers but still not a fan. Their average fan probably knows the least about football of any team in the league from my experience and they are full of gloryhunters. Green Brigade are usually ok songs and politics wise though and I've always associated their teams with decent football.

Dundee - Don't mind them really, fans have good patter and the whole administration thing was great patter. Only team I've yet to see live this season.

Hamilton - I enjoy a trip to NDP and pretending to hate them for the "derby" is a good laugh. I don't really know any Accies fans though so I'm not too bothered about them when we aren't playing them and I'm glad they're in the league. Always thought they were a team that go head to head with the Old Firm well and roll over less than most teams. Respect to their fans for supporting their local team with bigger clubs like Motherwell and Airdrie on their doorstep.

Hearts -I like them mainly for the Romanov era and all the utterly fantastic stories that came out of it. Would find it pretty hilarious if Cathro failed though.

Inverness - Been to a few Inverness home games as a neutral and their fans are generally good lads, as is Richie Foran. There's also a special place in my heart for Iain Vigurs and his sublime skills. Other than that though they're pretty meh and I'd rather they went down to make way for more Central Belt teams.

Killie - the most similar club in the country to us in terms of size and a good away day. Their fans on P&B tend to be good but a few irl are a bit wanky. Might struggle to come back up if they go down.

Partick Thistle - Meh, good away day and a likeable club overall.

RangersA blight on our society. Everything else has already been said.

Ro$$ €ountyOne of the clubs that personify everything wrong with modern football, in the same bracket as Man City, Chelsea and RB Leipzig.

St Johnstone - I fucking despise St Johnstone. Every time we play them we score first and every single time they go on to win 2-1 with a solid workmanlike performance.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Kilmarnock: A long time ago I went out with a girl from Hurlford, aside from that I've got no reason to dislike them

And you're still alive to tell the tale? Props.  Not many lads "step out" with girls from Morris Crescent or Blair Avenue and survive.

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Hearts.

As another poster pointed out its difficult to dislike them as much as before due to the credible way they took their medicine surrounding their financial meltdown post Vlad (was it ever going to end any other way?) and walked the walk by digging into their pockets to save their club being liquidated, they still have a few weapons in their support when we go there who pay no attention to the match and seem content to try and wind up and hurl abuse at Celtic fans, they are diminishing in number though and most Jambos including those on here seem sound cunts, even Paulo despite his shitebaggery disappearing acts when they lose, he seriously needs to pop his cherry that boy, cant see it happening though.

Would like to see their manager succeed if only to piss off that fat, monster munch eating b*****d Kris Boyd but, have a wee feeling it may go the way of Ronny Deila and end up a failed experiment.

Love going to Tynecastle, would be nice if they gave us the whole Roseburn like they used to but, being their ground they are entitled to allocate more to their own fans when demand is there, when the new stand is complete will capacity be increased enough that the away allocation may increase? The place absolutely rocks when full even if it can sometimes have a nasty air to it for games v Celtic at times, comes to be expected I guess from two supports who actively dislike each other.

Liked from the past. I should say John Colquhoun seeing as he is married to my cousin but will instead plump for Henry 'drop the ball' Smith for his loveable trait of goalkeeping gaffes v Celtic, most notably the 1988 SC semi. :lol:

Disliked intensely Alex McDonald, a horrible red faced, alki jakeball spiteful wee bigot. Saw an interview with him once on a documentary on the Old Firm where he said, he and a number of leading Rangers players of the 1970's opposed a change to the clubs signing policy/traditions as he felt only "Good Scottish boys, good Rangers men should wear the blue jersey" without saying it outright, its clear exactly what he meant, utter scumbag. Even before I disliked him with a passion, a nasty wee shite who you'd never tire of slapping.

Like of the current side, Djoum, very underated IMO as is Sam Nicholson who has impressed me at times v Celtic.

Disliked a bit, Jamie Walker for his outrageous dive on the opening day of the season and subsequent rude gesture to the Celtic fans after scoring his penalty. Worked out okay in the end though, we won the match, he got a two match ban for the dive and indulged in a spot of hunskelping last week, even finding time to taunt Kenny Miller after one of his goals :D

It's like one of those post-christmas, serial magazine things people get the complete arse ripped out of themselves over.

Except it's free, no-one subscribed to it and instead of getting a 1:8 scale model Delorean at the end of it, we get AIDS.

Archived