Raith Rovers vs Greenock Morton

18 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Right. I'll cut you a deal here. We make this the worst game of football of all time. You let us walk the ball into the net and saunter away with a 1-0 win, without any more of our players getting injured. We get the points, Locke gets sacked, everybody wins. Cool? 

You're a time traveller from the future, right?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mr mince said:

I could see the contents, wasn't pretty, from our point of view anyway

Really annoying that some can see these Twitter posts and some can't. Guess I'll just have to stop posting from that source.

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

What the heck is the goalkeeper doing at that goal.

This is the boards fault, if they had kept the away support in the main stand Connor wouldn't have been distracted by the smell of hotdogs from the North Stand concession.

Brennan has been one of those keepers that doesn't really make any out and out howlers but almost always leaves you thinking he could've done better when he concedes a goal. The goalkeeping position is one area where Locke was genuinely unlucky this season.

I think in the majority of the games Brennan has played for us, he's arguably been at fault for a goal. Like you say, nothing horrific, but his positioning is often questionable, and although he often elects to punch things clear, he tends not to get too much purchase on them.

It's the polar opposite of the goal we lost at Cappielow. On that occasion it was a difficult one to judge, Cuthbert gambled on Shankland getting a touch, and when he ducked out, it curled at the back post. For this one, Brennan had decided to follow the path of the ball.

I'd argue that Cuthbert's was more forgivable, I don't think the ball was ever likely to reach Brennan, but he took a couple of big steps to his right, leaving a huge gap for Kilday to aim for.

Archived