Raith Rovers vs Greenock Morton

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Never 1000 people there.

Uhhh. Who cares? 

Good win with half a team out tonight. Not bad times when you can rest players in the league for a big cup game and still win with a clean sheet.

When was the last time we won at Starks?

7 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Agree completely with this. Some of the comments about him and Jackson have been out of line. I'm fully in the Locke out camp, but it does come across as poor. You're spot on about Murray too. 

It's very easy to say harsh things you don't mean in the heat of the moment when you're angry, think a lot of us are guilty of it when frustrated.  I'm sure Locke is a decent guy but he has to go in my opinion.   

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

It's very easy to say harsh things you don't mean in the heat of the moment when you're angry, think a lot of us are guilty of it when frustrated.  I'm sure Locke is a decent guy but he has to go in my opinion.   

You're spot on. I still remember my mate and I being raging at Dalziel when Cowden smashed us 3-1 at Starks with Mixu's team. We were calling for him to be sacked, and it was only a few years later you realise it's someone's livelyhood there. 

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Uhhh. Who cares? 

Good win with half a team out tonight. Not bad times when you can rest players in the league for a big cup game and still win with a clean sheet.

When was the last time we won at Starks?

Scottish Cup I think in 2012. Only time in the last 4 or 5 years we've not been knocked out by the eventual winners. 

Fudds is truly embarrassing pater! You could see a broken man tonight who done everything he could but just couldn't do the things needed. Terrible manager but he is a decent guy and if his times up (which I hope it is) I wish him well for the future.

34 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Would you say he's been a panic buy? Duffy has tried to bring him in before and obviously rates him.

He tried to sign Loy, Bikey and actually did sign Shankland all before him despite having the chance to, and signed him days after one of our main strikers was injured due to us needing desperate cover there.

He's practically number 17 in the list of 17 strikers Duffy failed to sign during the summer so all i'd consider him a panic buy. Whether he turns out to be good or not is a different story, but the situation of our loaning him is the epitome of panic, and tbh We and Duffy would have every right to panic given our chronic lack of options up front for the forseeable future.

I genuinely enjoyed that. Mark Stewart at right back, Bobby Barr at left back. Declan McManus in centre midfield. Rudi Skacel... somewhere. Kyle Benedictus up front. 'Forward thinking'. Anything is possible with Gary Locke.

I've never enjoyed a defeat more. Absolutely hilarious. A complete breakdown from a man who's surely just managed his last match in charge of a full-time team.

And thank fuck for that.

It was incredible, a real 'I was there moment.'

I'd no idea what was happening, but I enjoyed every chaotic, nonsensical moment of it. The folk that didn't go were the real losers tonight.

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Fudds is truly embarrassing pater! You could see a broken man tonight who done everything he could but just couldn't do the things needed. Terrible manager but he is a decent guy and if his times up (which I hope it is) I wish him well for the future.

I think the most unfortunate thing as far as Locke's concerned is how much of a future in management he even has anymore. I don't think he's going to get many offers in the near future.

Obviously you'd be wanting rid, but I've never understood such bitterness towards someone who's clearly in over their head.

2 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

If it offers any consolation, in his last game for Killie he ended with a 3-3-4. We still lost, and he was gone after the game.

I genuinely have no idea what we were playing at the end tonight.

Madness, and ultimately as effective as tying a solitary helium balloon to the bow of the Titanic.

I think the most unfortunate thing as far as Locke's concerned is how much of a future in management he even has anymore. I don't think he's going to get many offers in the near future.
Obviously you'd be wanting rid, but I've never understood such bitterness towards someone who's clearly in over their head.

Aye, but he WAS in over his head at our club. That's just how fans are.

In fairness I think 3-5-2 could work for us but it was the wrong call tonight. Barr is never a wingback, I'd have thought McHattie would be ideal for that role. 

My main issue is we must have had 1 possibly 2 training sessions at most to work on the shape of the new formation and it showed.

Thanks Christ he's gone. Nice guy, not a manager.

Archived