Raith Rovers vs Greenock Morton

Well done, Morton - another three points to keep up a fine season. 

That's plenty, Locke - time's surely now up. At least your absolute head's gone tonight gave us a laugh from this miserable patch of 14 winless games in a row. 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raith fans couldn't even muster a proper hounding there: just a smattering of boos. 

Just the sort of shitfesting performance and result that we needed after Saturday's defeat and with Quitongo, Oliver and Forbes all suffering from injuries. Only a Saint Mirren-esque run of form would stop us making the play-offs now, and the resilience that this side has shown will ensure that doesn't happen. With Murdoch, Forbes and Nesbitt all saved and ready for hounding the Tribute Act on Sunday as well, it has been a tremendous night's work from The Famous. 

article-2581116-1C4BED7800000578-726_634x579.jpg

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

How many goals have Raith scored since that 0-0 with us in October? That performance tonight had relegation written absolutely all over it.

4 league goals I believe: 

Coustrain vs Ayr

M'Voto vs Hibs

Johnstone vs Falkirk

Hardie vs Dumbarton. 

But regardless, that should be the end of Locke. If we don't get him punted, then we really do need to be asking serious questions over the way the club is run. The board said they had a shortlist of quality candidates in the summer. They picked the one who had been a failure in every management job he's been in. They set the standard and can't complain. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The big number 5 for Raith was excellent. Best player on the park.

The one positive of Locke's tenure. Jean Yves M'Voto who has been an absolute man mountain in defence. Wouldn't surprise me if he moves on to a bigger club at the end of the season. He's essentially a French Marvin Andrews (early 2000s Marv, rather than than the 2009-one who was past it at Accies). 

Another game for us. Another loss. Another goal conceeded on the back of a set piece. Time's up for Locke. Let's take some time to look at some new candidates and have a think about the direction we want to take the club in. With the right person, who can inspire some belief in the fans and players, then we can easily turn our form about. We've the bones of a decent team. It's all with the board now, and they need to make the right decision for Raith, and not try to protect a man who has been a complete failure. 

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I watched this on Periscope as I'm a sad individual with nothing better to do. Some observations:

The big number 5 for Raith was excellent. Best player on the park.

Shankland is either terrible, seriously unfit, or both.

Gary Locke :lol:

M'Voto only looks good when he's up against a fellow carthorse forward like Shankland. When teams play the ball on the ground and attack with pace, he gets found out for the even worse, knock-off version of 'The Edge' that he truly is. A Quitongo-Oliver or Nesbitt/Oliver forward line would have sworded that dumpling. 

The one thing Shankland has going for him is that he actually holds the ball up reasonably well: this makes him a massive upgrade on Kudus Oyenuga within our squad. He doesn't offer much more of a goal threat than Oyenuga from open play though, and should have buried the opportunity he had to finish the game. 

Better 2nd half and once we got the goal we played much more confidently. One thing about Duffy is he's complete confidence in  his players. Not afraid to drop anyone and bring players in. I was a bit surprised by the line up before the game, but fair play to him we got the win. 

We obviously need to rotate the squad anyway and it's worked tonight.

Raith just fell away once we scored and I can understand their frustration, especially towards Locke. Suppose the good thing for them is he won't survive much longer

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Better 2nd half and once we got the goal we played much more confidently. One thing about Duffy is he's complete confidence in  his players. Not afraid to drop anyone and bring players in. I was a bit surprised by the line up before the game, but fair play to him we got the win. 

We obviously need to rotate the squad anyway and it's worked tonight.

Raith just fell away once we scored and I can understand their frustration, especially towards Locke. Suppose the good thing for them is he won't survive much longer

Aye. Fair play to Duffy. I wasn't sure of the starting 11 when I realised the starting positions. Should know by now to trust the Duff.

Good win for us. 5 genuine starting 11 players not in the team, a centreback in central midfield and a rookie panic buy striker playing the whole game without hardly touching the ball and we still managed to win pretty comfortably in the end.

Archived