Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

British & Irish Lions (v New Zealand, 1st Test, Saturday, June 24, 7.35pm NZST, 8.35am BST)
15. Liam Williams – Scarlets, Wales, #833
14. Anthony Watson – Bath Rugby, England, #816
13. Jonathan Davies – Scarlets, Wales, #778
12. Ben Te’o – Worcester Warriors, England, #815
11. Elliot Daly – Wasps, England, #822
10. Owen Farrell – Saracens, England, #780
9. Conor Murray – Munster, Ireland, #790

1. Mako Vunipola – Saracens, England, #787
2. Jamie George – Saracens, England, #819
3. Tadhg Furlong – Leinster, Ireland, #818
4. Alun Wyn Jones – Ospreys, Wales, #761
5. George Kruis – Saracens, England, #817
6. Peter O’Mahony (capt) – Munster, Ireland, #832
7. Sean O’Brien – Leinster, Ireland, #796
8. Taulupe Faletau – Bath Rugby, Wales, #779

Replacements
16. Ken Owens – Scarlets, Wales, #829
17. Jack McGrath – Leinster, Ireland, #827
18. Kyle Sinckler – Harlequins, England, #814
19. Maro Itoje – Saracens, England, #825
20. Sam Warburton – Cardiff Blues, Wales, #800
21. Rhys Webb – Ospreys, Wales, #820
22. Johnny Sexton – Leinster, Ireland, #791
23. Leigh Halfpenny – Toulon, Wales, #775

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Team picked. Omahony is captain... not one scotsman in squad

Tbh I'm relieved we don't have any players involved. If as one would expect from looking at two teams, it's a real doing then I'd rather our guys were well away from all the negative fallout.

Tbh I'm relieved we don't have any players involved. If as one would expect from looking at two teams, it's a real doing then I'd rather our guys were well away from all the negative fallout.

Agree. It just annoys me that some Scotsman continue to support this sham

Pleasantly surprised by the backs he's chosen. Williams and Daly are the right choices, though I doubted Gatland would go with them. Of course, if the backs don't get some decent attacking ball it'll be pointless.

Having Alun Wyn Jones in the team, especially when he's not there as the captain, is ridiculous. Even more so when Itoje is left on the bench.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Why is winger Liam Williams playing at full back instead of full back Leigh Ha'penny?

Full back is his best and preferred position. Scarlets usually played him there but Wales would (wrongly) move him to the wing to accommodate Halfpenny.

1 minute ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Pleasantly surprised by the backs he's chosen. Williams and Daly are the right choices, though I doubted Gatland would go with them. Of course, if the backs don't get some decent attacking ball it'll be pointless.

Having Alun Wyn Jones in the team, especially when he's not there as the captain, is ridiculous. Even more so when Itoje is left on the bench.

Other than Alun Wyn Jones, you can't really disagree with any of the team selected based on the form on tour. Halfpenny over Williams would have been the safe call, so nice to see he's been a bit braver there.

Other than Alun Wyn Jones, you can't really disagree with any of the team selected based on the form on tour. Halfpenny over Williams would have been the safe call, so nice to see he's been a bit braver there.

I'm disappointed Itoje isn't starting, but that looks a pretty expansive team to me. All depends if 9, 10, 12 can conjure up some magic.

26 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I look forward to watching the English, Irish and Welsh lions playing the all blacks on Saturday. When do the British lions play their next midweek game?

Tuesday v the Hurricanes is the next and last midweek game 

No shock there's no Scottish interest in the first test team, hopefully that changes in the later tests after they get a thrashing. Looking at the Williams selection I think had he not got injured Hogg would've started at 15, but that ship has sailed. I only really watch the Lions tours out to cheer on the Scottish contingent, so selfishly I hope they get pumped so some Scots can get a chance at a test shirt.

No shock there's no Scottish interest in the first test team, hopefully that changes in the later tests after they get a thrashing. Looking at the Williams selection I think had he not got injured Hogg would've started at 15, but that ship has sailed. I only really watch the Lions tours out to cheer on the Scottish contingent, so selfishly I hope they get pumped so some Scots can get a chance at a test shirt.

This.

Archived