Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree he has been shit, but I have zero doubt he starts on the wing in the first test. Gatland loves him. Reckon it'll be him and Watson on the wings with Halfpenny full back.

At first I thought yesterday's team would be close to the test team but Gatland will go with something else.

Aye. I reckon he'll keep that same back three. He'll go with Farrell at 12 if fit with Davies there as his bodyguard. Murray and Sexton at 9 and 10. He wants both Farrell and Sexton in the team.

And forward-wise, he'll f**k it up. Itoje and Kruis looked a good pairing and he'll split them up by putting Wynn-Jones in there. And O'Mahony will get dumped for Warburton and O'Brien will get dumped for Tipuric. Falateau picks himself. Owens at hooker and Vunipola and Furlong hauding him up.

28 minutes ago, The Gudderman said:

At first I thought yesterday's team would be close to the test team but Gatland will go with something else.

Aye. I reckon he'll keep that same back three. He'll go with Farrell at 12 if fit with Davies there as his bodyguard. Murray and Sexton at 9 and 10. He wants both Farrell and Sexton in the team.

And forward-wise, he'll f**k it up. Itoje and Kruis looked a good pairing and he'll split them up by putting Wynn-Jones in there. And O'Mahony will get dumped for Warburton and O'Brien will get dumped for Tipuric. Falateau picks himself. Owens at hooker and Vunipola and Furlong hauding him up.

Given that Tipuric and Wynn-Jones are both starting the next game, I'd be very surprised if either of them are in the XV for the first test.

5 live apparently doing a programme tonight about the original living with the lions doc. The article on the BBC website was quite interesting. Not maybe the production values of other documentaries but it gets you right inside the dressing room in a way few others have. It's also almost the polar opposite of how this tour has been run.

31 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Graham rowntree should never be near the lions coaching team again. His input on front row players on last two tours has been utterly clueless.

Really?  I think the pack has been by far the strongest element of the team so far.  

Archived