17. Aidan Ross

18. Atu Moli

19. Liam Messam

20. Mitchell Karpik

21. Jonathan Taumateine

22. Luteru Laulala

23. Chase Tiatia

ca5861b9028becad350b97aad9c4f40b.jpg

I think Seymour has been hard done by in this tour. He's looked better than some of the other wingers but has been sparingly used.

Nowell has been a disaster and has had more game time than Seymour I think.

That team certainly tells you who won't be starting the first test, not really that many in that line up who can complain tbh, none of them have been great on the tour so far.

41 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

That team certainly tells you who won't be starting the first test, not really that many in that line up who can complain tbh, none of them have been great on the tour so far.

Tommy Seymour maybe the reserve for the midweek side.  Which is... something.

21 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I'd have thought Daly and Stander would have been in with a shout of at least making the bench.

I'd have thought Daly and Stander would have been in with a shout of at least making the bench.

I would think so too tbh, Stander has been disappointing on tour compared to his 6 nations displays. Watching England last night and it showed once again that Launchbury can probably feel the most aggrieved of all the players who missed out.

The all English panel of Moore, Monye and Guscott were properly seething last night over the call ups. It's obviously been pre planned by Gatland to only call up Scots and Welsh players, would anyone ever have thought that Dell would find himself in the Lions squad at any point?

40 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I would think so too tbh, Stander has been disappointing on tour compared to his 6 nations displays. Watching England last night and it showed once again that Launchbury can probably feel the most aggrieved of all the players who missed out.

The all English panel of Moore, Monye and Guscott were properly seething last night over the call ups. It's obviously been pre planned by Gatland to only call up Scots and Welsh players, would anyone ever have thought that Dell would find himself in the Lions squad at any point?

I can understand why they are seething. I don't think it was just pre-planned to only bring in Welsh and Scots either, I think he's deliberately picked players with absolutely no chance of even troubling the second XV. If he'd picked folk like Launchbury or Grey there would have been a clamour for them to get an opportunity, which he doesn't want.

The exception to this of course is Russell, who has been brought in because of Farrell's injury, Sexton's fragility and Biggar's shiteness. Russell may end up playing a part in the tests.

I can understand why they are seething. I don't think it was just pre-planned to only bring in Welsh and Scots either, I think he's deliberately picked players with absolutely no chance of even troubling the second XV. If he'd picked folk like Launchbury or Grey there would have been a clamour for them to get an opportunity, which he doesn't want.
The exception to this of course is Russell, who has been brought in because of Farrell's injury, Sexton's fragility and Biggar's shiteness. Russell may end up playing a part in the tests.

Can't argue with any of that. If Russell does play I just don't see how he fits into Gatland's style of play.

Can't argue with any of that. If Russell does play I just don't see how he fits into Gatland's style of play.

Indeed which could lead to him being the scapegoat when the fan and shit interface. That said finn is well capable mentally of dealing with that. He would just shrug it off. Loved how he just grinned every time an aussie hit him late on Saturday

Possibly but the fact he is on bench for chiefs game suggests he may make test squad?

And George North has been woeful. Makes it more likely for Seymour.

But then again, North is Welsh.

I reckon the team for the Maori games yesterday won't be too far off the mark for the first test.

Indeed which could lead to him being the scapegoat when the fan and shit interface. That said finn is well capable mentally of dealing with that. He would just shrug it off. Loved how he just grinned every time an aussie hit him late on Saturday

This. Luv his grin... right attitude

And George North has been woeful. Makes it more likely for Seymour.

But then again, North is Welsh.

I reckon the team for the Maori games yesterday won't be too far off the mark for the first test.

I agree he has been shit, but I have zero doubt he starts on the wing in the first test. Gatland loves him. Reckon it'll be him and Watson on the wings with Halfpenny full back.

Archived