Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

I guess the logic holds that the players who have been called up will be midweek subs so it's better not to weaken the home nations by calling up the best players. That said, Finn Russell is Scotland's best stand off, so who knows.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dogmc said:

His Bro was in the nz 7s team at 17....n was one of their star players.

Aye Rieko is one of my favourite players to watch right now. It was good watching him knock Nowell from pillar to post 10 days ago.

I think some players getting called up will be kept for the duration of the tour. The comment about being sent back after the Hurricanes game was only referring to these no mark shirt filler Welshmen as a way to justify their selection as bench filling bodies.

I think some players getting called up will be kept for the duration of the tour. The comment about being sent back after the Hurricanes game was only referring to these no mark shirt filler Welshmen as a way to justify their selection as bench filling bodies.

Just cheapens the jersey tho. Felt it was really disrespectful to the players called up. Certainly not the way to inspire players.

Maybe. But to make the comment is appalling. If that's what he's thinking fine.. but just give the compete for spaces speel

I don't even think they all will make the bench and are just there to make up numbers for training

Maybe. But to make the comment is appalling. If that's what he's thinking fine.. but just give the compete for spaces speel

Exactly that. He didn't have to be so openly disrespectful. Shows how little regard he has for the players.

Exactly that. He didn't have to be so openly disrespectful. Shows how little regard he has for the players.

He just comes across a total c**t. His coaching style is turgid and his man management is woeful. What a choice for the Lions coach.

He just comes across a total c**t. His coaching style is turgid and his man management is woeful. What a choice for the Lions coach.

Schmidt n Jones didn't want it. That said there had to be better options than gatland though.

Just cheapens the jersey tho. Felt it was really disrespectful to the players called up. Certainly not the way to inspire players.

It has always happened. Andy Nicol became a Lion by going on holiday at an opportune time. I think players realise the situation and know they can get a shirt if they grab the chance.

Archived