Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone should say to Hastings, that if nationality doesn't matter what is his excuse for better quality Scottish players sitting at home while the squad is full of under performing second rate Welshmen?

This. How can Hastings not point out 6 Welsh backs vs 2 Scottish backs? Why, because he is a snivelling servile c**t

Opinions please. I think the opening Lions game vs the Provincial Barbarians could actually be a very interesting game. It's only 1 week between the Pro12 and English Premiership finals and when the players fly out. 

It'll be 2 experimental squads I'd think but rugby is the hosts national sport and there are some famous provincial teams over there such as Counties Manukau. It's a pro set-up too. That could be a tight game??

Opinions please. I think the opening Lions game vs the Provincial Barbarians could actually be a very interesting game. It's only 1 week between the Pro12 and English Premiership finals and when the players fly out. 
It'll be 2 experimental squads I'd think but rugby is the hosts national sport and there are some famous provincial teams over there such as Counties Manukau. It's a pro set-up too. That could be a tight game??

The Provincial Barbarians squad was named a week or so ago and was posted in the general rugby thread

This. How can Hastings not point out 6 Welsh backs vs 2 Scottish backs? Why, because he is a snivelling servile c**t

You've been far too polite about him. Hastings / nicol etc are a disgrace. Well done toony for dingying gatland.

Someone should say to Hastings, that if nationality doesn't matter what is his excuse for better quality Scottish players sitting at home while the squad is full of under performing second rate Welshmen?

Well said. The hastings bros would have raged if the current selection strategy saw them sat at home in 89 while shite has beens were playing v Oz. Servile p***ks the pair of them.

It doesn't matter how many from each nation are in the squad.
It does matter that a number of those who have been selected are far weaker than the alternatives who have been left out.

This....89 n 97 lions were the exact proof of that. Shame that those lessons have been lost

He is but he is in adverts for Mud House Wines. Who are one of the sponsors of the tour so he can't really say anything negative about the Lions if he wants to keep working on the adverts

Couldn’t believe Matt Dawson saying this was probably the best Lions squad ever on Radio 5 last night. Though he is biased, in general I think Dawson is a good pundit but some of his recent comments from the England/Italy Six Nations game through to the Lions squad have been ridiculous.

Jim Telfer’s interview on the BBC website hits the nail on the head. Doesn’t get too carried away but points out all the main issues: the Scots have been badly let down; no excuse for there not being at least a couple of Scottish forwards given the number selected; Scotland beating Wales & Ireland in the 6N but being hugely outnumbered by them; Gatland going for tried and tested instead of exciting or creative; asking Gregor Townsend to assist, when he had his first Scotland matches to oversee, instead of Vern Cotter was a mistake (though the nationality of the coaches should matter).

Couldn’t believe Matt Dawson saying this was probably the best Lions squad ever on Radio 5 last night. Though he is biased, in general I think Dawson is a good pundit but some of his recent comments from the England/Italy Six Nations game through to the Lions squad have been ridiculous.
Jim Telfer’s interview on the BBC website hits the nail on the head. Doesn’t get too carried away but points out all the main issues: the Scots have been badly let down; no excuse for there not being at least a couple of Scottish forwards given the number selected; Scotland beating Wales & Ireland in the 6N but being hugely outnumbered by them; Gatland going for tried and tested instead of exciting or creative; asking Gregor Townsend to assist, when he had his first Scotland matches to oversee, instead of Vern Cotter was a mistake (though the nationality of the coaches should matter).

Aye the bbc pundits have fairly circled the wagons. Was disappointed to see Tom English defending gatland as well.

Pretty much every pundit I've read has backed the selection by saying that we'll throw crash balls to the centres and wings and hopefully get some line breaks that way. We're gonna get pumped.

Exactly.....as if the best team in the world is somehow going to be undone by crash ball rugby. It's plain daft.

Exactly.....as if the best team in the world is somehow going to be undone by crash ball rugby. It's plain daft.

I've read some of the New Zealand Herald coverage online this morning. They all pretty much say the same thing. Calling Teo and Davies as 12-13 in the first test. Wouldn't surprise me if they are correct.

I've read some of the New Zealand Herald coverage online this morning. They all pretty much say the same thing. Calling Teo and Davies as 12-13 in the first test. Wouldn't surprise me if they are correct.

Im impressed they managed to complete anything coherent in between pishing themselves laughing...

Im impressed they managed to complete anything coherent in between pishing themselves laughing...

Cracking paper the NZ Herald. Kiwis seem to be raging that Gatland has been having a go at Beauden Barrett's kicking. Apparently he reckons we have miles better kickers, might be true, but won't really matter when we get outscored by half a dozen tries in every game.

Cracking paper the NZ Herald. Kiwis seem to be raging that Gatland has been having a go at Beauden Barrett's kicking. Apparently he reckons we have miles better kickers, might be true, but won't really matter when we get outscored by half a dozen tries in every game.

Yeah spot on.

26 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Aye the bbc pundits have fairly circled the wagons. Was disappointed to see Tom English defending gatland as well.

Tom English is probably my favourite BBC Scotland pundit when it comes to football but I’ve basically given up with him on rugby. For quite a while I think it was just his bias when Glasgow or Scotland were playing an Irish side, but over the past few months I’ve found myself agreeing with less and less of what he says, regardless of who is playing.

Tom English is probably my favourite BBC Scotland pundit when it comes to football but I’ve basically given up with him on rugby. For quite a while I think it was just his bias when Glasgow or Scotland were playing an Irish side, but over the past few months I’ve found myself agreeing with less and less of what he says, regardless of who is playing.

Yeah cant argue with that. He hammers Glasgow at every opportunity n this particular piece was dreadful.

Archived