Half-Time Shows

ChoccyChipCuikie

I'm wondering what people's favourite half-time show has been? Tonight will be my 6th Super Bowl, meaning Madonna was the first show I saw. However, I reckon Bruno Mars was the best I've seen so far. Absolute showman, catchy songs, and a great selection of songs.

Interested to hear other people's thoughts? Always keen to look for the shows on YouTube - especially today as I get fired up for the game.

33 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Prince - Superbowl XLI

The Who - Superbowl XLIV

Another I seen but cannot remember without aid is Michael Jackson 

As I remember it, Michael Jackson came on stage and stood still and silent for about 2 minutes before doing anything.  Probably made a couple of million for that 2 minutes work!

As I remember it, Michael Jackson came on stage and stood still and silent for about 2 minutes before doing anything.  Probably made a couple of million for that 2 minutes work!

Did that performance start with MJ on all 4 screens and then the impersonaters jumped out onto the floodlights??

1) The Who - Because I was there

2) Shania Twain - Because the Bucs were winning

=3) Prince, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney

Special Mention must go to MJ in the Rose Bowl for pretty much inventing the modern day halftime show, and also for doing all he did in daylight

The Stones and The Who were the best that I've seen, musically. Gaga put on the best show.

U2 and Coldplay the worst. The theme of U2's show was "remembering the victims of the September 11th attacks".

First song... "Beautiful Day".

The sick, evil b*****ds.

I'm a fan but think McCartney was very good. The crowd got right into it and I seem to remember it being a nice night (was that in Miami?) and a decent game. Bruno Mars was good and The Who were great. Coldplay didn't seem to be a good fit - the music wasn't ever going to be exciting for a football crowd.

Archived