Gary Locke out

19 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I genuinely forgot how bad that LinkedIn profile was emoji85.png

I love how it's exactly the same save he mentions he now manages Raith Rovers. I wonder what his achievements will be for that role?

- Went on a record breaking run*

- Beat the Pars once

- Scored some goals

- More than 3 other teams!

- Had a great night tonguing the anus of Hearts

- Signed Ryan Stevenson

- Drew with Hearts once

- Played Forfar Athletic in the 2016/17 Petrofac Cup

*Games without a win

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Spoke to a few mates over the weekend who had all said before the best Utd match "you can't be that bad. You'll be safe". Following the match they've all agreed we look like a team set for relegation.

Locke has taken a team which had a solid core and brimming with confidence and transformed us into the worst team in the country on current form. Not only that but the club's relationship with the fans, that had been gradually rebuilt, has now disintegrated again.

I don't actually blame Locke. I blame our board. We all knew what would happen when he was appointed and fans from other clubs warned our board but they, and when I say they I mean Eric Drysdale, were wooed by the fact it was Hearts legend Gary Locke and former Scotland striker Darren Jackson. Our board are getting us relegated and if Locke doesn't get sacked and take his hobo assistant with him then, as I said on another thread before, they have to be fully prepared to accept everything that will follow including calls for their own resignations.

Not for one minute defending the boards decision in appointing Locke but are you suggesting that our board should have taken the advice or warnings from our own supporters and others before appointing a manager?

51 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I love how it's exactly the same save he mentions he now manages Raith Rovers. I wonder what his achievements will be for that role?

- Beat the Pars once

- Scored some goals

- Signed Ryan Stevenson

- Drew with Hearts once

*Games without a win

You missed Returning a Hearts legend to Scotland

Not for one minute defending the boards decision in appointing Locke but are you suggesting that our board should have taken the advice or warnings from our own supporters and others before appointing a manager?

Not at all. Just trying to emphasise to the point that, other than his media pals, nobody had anything positive to say when he was appointed. Usually there is a mixed reaction when a manager is appointed but with Locke I can remember anyone, other then the odd one or two, who thought it was good.

I suppose what I'm trying to get at is what did our board see, and continue to see, that the vast majority of others don't?

Eric is quick enough to get himself out and about when the club are doing well but the lack of any word from the club, other than to criticise the fans, just highlights the complete lack of understanding of the position we are currently in.

56 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

- Beat the Pars once

- Scored some goals

- Signed Ryan Stevenson

- Drew with Hearts once

*Games without a win

- Beat Ross County on penalties in the league cup

- Won the first three league matches of the season, including a victory against Dunfermline Hibs

- Unbeaten so far against Hibs

- The fans chantit ma name up at Tannadice

- Sold David Bates to The Rangers and earned the club some money *

- Introduced Joel Coustrain to the first team who scored on his debut **

* if he plays 50 times for Scotland and 600 times for The Rangers

** then never played him again

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

- Beat the Pars once

- Scored some goals

- Signed Ryan Stevenson

- Drew with Hearts once

*Games without a win

Scope for improvement on the old CV, there: we drew twice with Hearts over 90min. 

43 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

If he had any respect for raith and their fans he'd resign. How long will he wait? Till its too late? Every club he manages ends up much worse when he leaves.

Gary Locke might be a poor manager but it doesn't make him disrespectful of the club or the fans. The Raith board gave him a contract and he'll believe he has that time to turn things around. It's up to the Raith board to tell him to stop working, until then why wouldn't he carry on trying to make things better? Football fans need to stop expecting folk to put themselves out of a job and walk away from money they've been promised in a contract.

5 hours ago, Wullie McNaught said:

Sack him and get Yogi Hughes in. He's big and brash and will do a job for us. He's also admitted a fondness for the Rovers in the past. Very similar qualities to Sir Frank of Connor. Now, get fkin on with it Eric.

Is he the right guy when your team's in shreefall?

On 04/02/2017 at 23:09, Raith8122 said:

Trying to start a Facebook campaign. It's called Get Gary Locke out of RRFC. Or @getlockeout. The guys a failed manager and doesn't even deserve to manage a team on football manager 2017 never mind in the Scottish championship. All the laptops in the world ain't a match for a football brain like Locke! Once found please like and share. Cheers 

Erse

11 minutes ago, Joma Boo said:

Is he the right guy when your team's in shreefall?

I'd be delighted if we even attempted it. With that said, the club probably won't even have him on their radar. They'll be too busy trying to think of why things aren't working other than our manager being out of his depth. 

38 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I questioned why we hired him given his track record, so here he is making it a hat-trick. No danger he'll resign - which full time club will take him next time? 

I can't see Locke getting another full time club. It was ridiculous we brought him in to begin with. He seems like a decent enough guy, but he's not cut out for management. 

The thing that really frustrates me is the fact we had our pick of the likes of Aitken and Young. We set a trend with McKinnon by bringing in a talented young manager who'd worked part time and gave them a chance at a full time club.  Instead we went with a continual failure who's only taken clubs backwards.  

3 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Not at all. Just trying to emphasise to the point that, other than his media pals, nobody had anything positive to say when he was appointed. Usually there is a mixed reaction when a manager is appointed but with Locke I can remember anyone, other then the odd one or two, who thought it was good.

I suppose what I'm trying to get at is what did our board see, and continue to see, that the vast majority of others don't?

Eric is quick enough to get himself out and about when the club are doing well but the lack of any word from the club, other than to criticise the fans, just highlights the complete lack of understanding of the position we are currently in.

I thought the reaction from supporters was pretty mixed on Lockes appointment

What did our board see in him and continue to see him?Haven,t a clue to be honest

Your spot on with your last paragraph

I thought the reaction from supporters was pretty mixed on Lockes appointment

What did our board see in him and continue to see him?Haven,t a clue to be honest

Your spot on with your last paragraph

It wasn't mixed. It was 95% of people saying "what the fuck?" and the other 5% saying "give him a chance".

I must admit, other than Jim Duffy's appointment as Morton boss, I don't think I've ever seen a more furious backlash over the appointment of a manager in recent times at this level. In fact, it may even have top-trumped it in terms of the rage and indignation which it produced.

There was the odd, 'let's back him and give him a chance' type comment, but they seemed to be very much in the minority.

Archived