Match day ritual

I'm very conscious of what scarf I wear. If I don't wear one we draw. If we get beat I wear another next game. I'm raging at the moment as I'll be going on Saturday but don't remember what scarf I wore last. If we win, wear same scarf to next game.

Years ago I swapped a cup semi v Hibs scarf for a randoms black, white and red St Mirren scarf on a train out west. We never won a game when I wore said scarf.

No matter what I'm always awake before 7am on Saturday, body clock can be a nightmare. Usually take the dog out early doors and then might up to the gym for a swim. Then into town/Charlie D's for a few pre-match pints, or for the Lizzie Supporters bus if we're playing away.

No superstitions with what I wear, however me and one of my mates used to always stand on the same side of each other. If we lost, we'd swap for the next game. I think it worked for about 4 games at the start of the season then we forgot who was standing where and the whole thing went down the pan.

I can be quite superstitious thought and will go out my way to find two magpies when walking the dog on the morning of a game. I've not got time for anymore sorrow! :lol:

On 9 February 2017 at 12:47, King Dom's Moustache said:

Classic deflection technique used there.

No, honestly, I've only ever been to Leith Walk, where I saw Meat Loaf in the Playhouse on his Neverland Express tour in1984. My honeymoon was in Morningside for two days (I was actually skint in 1985) and the only other times I was in Embra was when Tutenkhamen's tomb was displayed in 1986 or thereabouts- and I was in Waverly Station in 2016 on my return from La Republica Dominica (not skint nowadays!!). 

Would struggle to point out Easter Road on a map.

And as I've intimated before, TR jnr is 27, not 7 and is a Jungle Jim. Like yourself, IIRC from a previous rambling of yours :P

On 10/02/2017 at 23:23, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

No, honestly, I've only ever been to Leith Walk, where I saw Meat Loaf in the Playhouse on his Neverland Express tour in1984. My honeymoon was in Morningside for two days (I was actually skint in 1985) and the only other times I was in Embra was when Tutenkhamen's tomb was displayed in 1986 or thereabouts- and I was in Waverly Station in 2016 on my return from La Republica Dominica (not skint nowadays!!). 

Would struggle to point out Easter Road on a map.

And as I've intimated before, TR jnr is 27, not 7 and is a Jungle Jim. Like yourself, IIRC from a previous rambling of yours :P

Did you take your wife? 

First I kill all the women and male offspring of the opposing players. Then I hold the officials' families hostage until 15 minutes after full-time.

Something's gone wrong the past couple of seasons though.  Maybe I need to start raping and pillaging too.  Even if we lose, it could still be a good afternoon.

Edited by The DA

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Ritual wise on a home game day after lunch pre-covid I'd always walk the 2 miles to Starks Park and try to get at least a  couple of drinks in before the 200 club bar closed (found long ago that Rovers are far easier on the senses in soft focus!). Then post match a few more in the 200 club then walk home frequenting one other watering holes en-route. Away games is regimental, always lunch - car - pre-matchpint (where possible) -  game - car - watering holes - home, the only variation is on East Coast games where Scotrail and more beer comes into play

Superstitions wise I almost  never wear a Rovers top to games and I also stopped drinking out of a Rovers mug before the game on a match day, in fact I got so paranoid at one point it got so if I thought I'd even seen one of my Rovers mugs we'd get beat.  Paranoid or just a typical superstitious fan? I never had any such mad superstitions when I actually played sport.