Brechin V Stenny

Are you guys for real ?  The rot was stopped. We never lost.  The team performed as well as I have seen them in months with more attempts at goal than in the last half dozen matches. Saying that, Stenny were no slouches either. Both teams did really well on a really heavy pitch . I think a draw was a fair result. 

Yes we should have taken advantage when they were down to ten men but with the speed Stenny were attacking on the break it might have been suicide going gung ho given the unusually poor defensive display at times from us. 

Given the shite that has been served up in recent matches it was relieving to see us putting in a decent performance and looking more like the team from the start of the season.  

We are still in 4th with hopefully our bad patch behind us.  Just wish more of the community would come out and support the team though , it must be soul destroying for the players who are expected to perform miracles for a sparse  crowd with the majority hell bent on picking fault with everything they do. 

Opinions,that was mine,doesn't mean shit except to me.this is our forum we all have expectations. I leave for games looking to win everytime as I know you do too.our takes on what we achieve are debatable that's why we participate on here.

I thought that was 2pts dropped yesterday s. If your happy with 2 wins outta 11 then so be it ... We re entitled to moan ..How we re still 4th beggars belief but we ll need to make it count ... Mind we re only 2 losses away from relegation place ...As for crowds well let's be honest we ve got a committee who should perhaps be trying to encourage folk .. Look at Montrose last week ??? If committees over worked as it is ask guys like yourselves along to help with ideas ....I was laughed at a few weeks back when I told we were struggling money wise and Kenny Fergs half hearted message on web site backs that up .... They re are folk out there with good ideas who just get door shut in they re face ... My mate did around 1k worth of free work for them then God asked to pay for a advertising board ..........That's not good business ...

A Neutral Viewpoint:

Although played on a nostalgia-inducing Seventies glue-pot of a pitch (including a sandpit in front of the main stand which would have delighted a classroom of toddlers), this was a remarkably entertaining encounter.  Particularly during the last-half hour of the match, which saw Brechin going hell-for-leather for a win.

The home lot had gone one up in the 4th minute, Andy JACKSON capitalising on a defensive error, before Willis FURTADO curled in a delight of an equaliser three minutes later.  Frenchman Furtado looked a bit of a player early on, but as the going underfoot got heavier as the match progressed he morphed into The Invisible Man.  I was slightly surprised it took until the 89th minute for him to be hooked.

Oli SHAW, I believe it was, put the visitors 2-1 up around the 15 minute mark, but I was in the (also Seventies nostalgia-inducing) Gents at the time, so missed that one.

The second half was, after they had equalised through Dougie HILL, pretty much all Brechin (I can recall just one save being required of home 'keeper Graeme Smith), but woeful finishing let them down.  On at least three occasions delightfully enticing crosses whizzed across the visitors' goal. only to be missed or ignored by the Brechin forwards.

Two points squandered by City, I feel.

A few pix here (scroll past the 1999 report):

http://ian38018.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/glebe-park-brechin-city.html

12 hours ago, Ian38018 said:

A Neutral Viewpoint:

Although played on a nostalgia-inducing Seventies glue-pot of a pitch (including a sandpit in front of the main stand which would have delighted a classroom of toddlers), this was a remarkably entertaining encounter.  Particularly during the last-half hour of the match, which saw Brechin going hell-for-leather for a win.

The home lot had gone one up in the 4th minute, Andy JACKSON capitalising on a defensive error, before Willis FURTADO curled in a delight of an equaliser three minutes later.  Frenchman Furtado looked a bit of a player early on, but as the going underfoot got heavier as the match progressed he morphed into The Invisible Man.  I was slightly surprised it took until the 89th minute for him to be hooked.

Oli SHAW, I believe it was, put the visitors 2-1 up around the 15 minute mark, but I was in the (also Seventies nostalgia-inducing) Gents at the time, so missed that one.

The second half was, after they had equalised through Dougie HILL, pretty much all Brechin (I can recall just one save being required of home 'keeper Graeme Smith), but woeful finishing let them down.  On at least three occasions delightfully enticing crosses whizzed across the visitors' goal. only to be missed or ignored by the Brechin forwards.

Two points squandered by City, I feel.

A few pix here (scroll past the 1999 report):

http://ian38018.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/glebe-park-brechin-city.html

Appreciate the effort although slightly condescending at times. 

Hope you enjoyed your day nonetheless. 

12 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

I thought that was 2pts dropped yesterday s. If your happy with 2 wins outta 11 then so be it ... We re entitled to moan ..How we re still 4th beggars belief but we ll need to make it count ... Mind we re only 2 losses away from relegation place ...As for crowds well let's be honest we ve got a committee who should perhaps be trying to encourage folk .. Look at Montrose last week ??? If committees over worked as it is ask guys like yourselves along to help with ideas ....I was laughed at a few weeks back when I told we were struggling money wise and Kenny Fergs half hearted message on web site backs that up .... They re are folk out there with good ideas who just get door shut in they re face ... My mate did around 1k worth of free work for them then God asked to pay for a advertising board ..........That's not good business ...

We are also only 2 wins away from second. I am entitled a bit of optimism to balance your negativity.  You failed to mention the heart of our team being ripped out for the last ten or so games due to injury after injury to our most influential players.  Surely this has more to do with our slump in form than anything Darren has done ?  Some of those who were regarded as fringe team players have stood up to the challenge and have done remarkably well.   Lynas  and Fusco in particular have been consistent but on the downside others have failed to impress which impacted on results and confidence. 

Yesterday we saw an urgency which has been missing for weeks if not months. The difference in my view was Andy Jackson's workrate, control and vision. Having a striker who holds the ball so well simply takes the pressure off our defence . The ball doesn't come straight back at them as it has done when our other striker was playing.   When a manager has that assurance on the park he can then adjust things accordingly to attack in numbers.    Obviously yesterday the pitch was a factor why a bit of defensive discretion was shown and we didn't entirely go for it .  Hopefully as we move into spring the pitch will start to firm up a bit and allow our ball players to show the form they did at the start of the season........providing they stay away from injury again.  

Just my take on things.  I prefer to try and stay positive .  That is why I hardly venture down to the cemetry end any more .  The negativity in there is toxic. 

Have to agree with you a draw is a decent result Stenny are a team on the up and it still keeps us in the play off places. Definitely see a difference having Jacko and Dale back. As for the cemetery end I stand beside a few for these people and yes some times some of the comments are over the top get a good laugh though

On 6 February 2017 at 00:01, theoriginalhedge said:

We are also only 2 wins away from second. I am entitled a bit of optimism to balance your negativity.  You failed to mention the heart of our team being ripped out for the last ten or so games due to injury after injury to our most influential players.  Surely this has more to do with our slump in form than anything Darren has done ?  Some of those who were regarded as fringe team players have stood up to the challenge and have done remarkably well.   Lynas  and Fusco in particular have been consistent but on the downside others have failed to impress which impacted on results and confidence. 

Yesterday we saw an urgency which has been missing for weeks if not months. The difference in my view was Andy Jackson's workrate, control and vision. Having a striker who holds the ball so well simply takes the pressure off our defence . The ball doesn't come straight back at them as it has done when our other striker was playing.   When a manager has that assurance on the park he can then adjust things accordingly to attack in numbers.    Obviously yesterday the pitch was a factor why a bit of defensive discretion was shown and we didn't entirely go for it .  Hopefully as we move into spring the pitch will start to firm up a bit and allow our ball players to show the form they did at the start of the season........providing they stay away from injury again.  

Just my take on things.  I prefer to try and stay positive .  That is why I hardly venture down to the cemetry end any more .  The negativity in there is toxic. 

I know we ve missed key players no team could survive that amount of keys players out that's why I ve said it beggars belief we re still 4 th ( due to good work at start of season ) Although I feel we were away to hit a bad patch when Spencey came in and wee Finn was dropped... But you can t say we re not defensive we play 5 at the back ..... The moaners have always moaned Christ if we Beat Barca 6 0 in Champs League final they would say Barca were poor ha ha .... 

7 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

I know we ve missed key players no team could survive that amount of keys players out that's why I ve said it beggars belief we re still 4 th ( due to good work at start of season ) Although I feel we were away to hit a bad patch when Spencey came in and wee Finn was dropped... But you can t say we re not defensive we play 5 at the back ..... The moaners have always moaned Christ if we Beat Barca 6 0 in Champs League final they would say Barca were poor ha ha .... 

Aye we are defensive but when you have players like Jacko taking the pressure off the defence it allows players like Dougie Hill to also occasionally attack and score as happened last week. The 5 at the back is not always as it seems. 

Archived