Thorniewood/ Cumbernauld Utd / Andy Frame

kilsythblue

Having now read two interviews with the new manager at Cumbernauld I am some what confused as to what it was he inherited when he took over at Thorniewood. I quote 

"Jp and I had stepped up from Whitefield Rovers to take the Thorniewood job when the club was at a very low point with just one signed player on the books so we were forced to rebuild from scratch to get on an even keel". In fact he had taken over a team that had finished 4th seasons running. "I  think the club needs to stabilise a wee bit so hopefully I can have the same effect there as I did at Thorniewood". ? That  would mean relagation then? Quite how they managed to oust the then manager Kieron Mcguinnes remains a mystery to most and was why he ended up with 1 player as the rest left out of respect for there  previous charge. Now he did have sucsess in a cup and credit where its due but to suggest hes left Thorniewood in a better place than what he inherited!! Now at the first sniff of something perhaps more appealing he has jumped ship. Quote "It’s been a brilliant two and a half years. But ultimately Cumbernauld at the moment, what they’ve got in place just now, the facilities and what they can offer is just a bit better at the moment" A wonder now as Thorniewood plug away back in the district leagues to those commiittee men who decided to part company with the man who guided them to the stability of 4th place in the super league 2 seasons running on probably one of the lowest budgets in the league. Was it a good move ? Perhaps someone could tell us why you brought those guys in and turned your whole playing staff upside down for these guys ? They now leave you mid season going nowhere, and telling everybody on the way out what a good job they done ?  Its a funny old game !! Karma springs to mind 

I'm not really sure of where ur goin with this Kilsyth tbh

i think everyone accepts something underhand clearly went on with big Keiran etc but u are correct as u point out he probably over achieved in his time in charge.

andy came in and in fairness to him has done well considering turnaround of players. Really wish him jp and Billy all the best

I for one would love to see big Keiran back at the club but can't see that happening 

Archived