Celtic unbeaten record

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are saying it is a Celtic record, was it a Celtic team that went 62 games undefeated?  

My issue is with it being domestic games, you shouldn't be able to pick and choose what games constitute a record.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

They are saying it is a Celtic record, was it a Celtic team that went 62 games undefeated?  

My issue is with it being domestic games, you shouldn't be able to pick and choose what games constitute a record.

Yes it was a celtic team.

Scott Brown earns more a month than our entire playing staff, including youth teams, do in a season.

"Wonderful achievement" tho..

It'll matter little after we pump them on Sunday anyway.

44 minutes ago, hague said:

can anyone please explain why the media keep saying that Celtic have set a new record by going undefeated in 28 consecutive domestic matches when the actual record is 62 games?

It's because the media love a narrative and will therefore continue to promote it without properly fact-checking, a bit like East Kilbride's "world record" earlier in the season.

The supposed record Celtic have beaten is the club record for the longest domestic unbeaten start to the season, which was set by the Lisbon Lions.  However, their 1916/17 team went 36 unbeaten at the start of the season, so it's actually just a post-war record for the best unbeaten start to the domestic season.

That hasn't stopped various media sources from misconstruing it as "a club record unbeaten run" or "their best ever domestic start", which it quite clearly isn't.

If it's going to come to an end my prediction will be some time in the next few weeks as the record has been achieved , the title is in the bag so some players might sit back a little more and concentration may lapse . If they keep it going until mid March then I think they will gather a bit of extra motivation to meet the end of the season and probably achieve it 

Archived