Which one is better...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scrubs was soppy shite. Frasier was miles ahead of Friends, one of my favourite sitcoms. Arrested Development is also a magnificent American comedy that's not been mentioned yet. You've all made a huge mistake not mentioning it.

3 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Scrubs was soppy shite. Frasier was miles ahead of Friends, one of my favourite sitcoms. Arrested Development is also a magnificent American comedy that's not been mentioned yet. You've all made a huge mistake not mentioning it.

Whilst Scrubs may not have been to everyone's taste, some of Dr Cox's rants were tremendous.

1 hour ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Never watched an episode of Frasier tbh but liked Friends. My all time favourite American sitcom has to be 'Married With Children'.

Beat me to it. The last few seasons went rapidly downhill but it was the funniest thing on TV for seven or eight years.

Out of the two in the OP, Frasier for me. Never really got Friends - always wondered how a struggling actor, a waitress and a shite singer/songwriter managed to afford to live in Greenwich Village for starters.

1 minute ago, Hillonearth said:

Beat me to it. The last few seasons went rapidly downhill but it was the funniest thing on TV for seven or eight years.

Out of the two in the OP, Frasier for me. Never really got Friends - always wondered how a struggling actor, a waitress and a shite singer/songwriter managed to afford to live in Greenwich Village for starters.

Yeah, two or three seasons too long. You could tell they were running out of ideas by then and just milking it for what they could get out of it.  I've got the boxset on DVD and stick it on every now and then and it still cracks me up.

10 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

uh, er, it's not actually based on real people if that is any help.

10 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

uh, er, it's not actually based on real people if that is any help.

Or any recognised form of reality, which was more the point I was making. A situation comedy based on a situation that's unlikely to happen is a bit flawed from the start. They all seemed fairly unsympathetic characters as well - possibly the funniest scene I remember in it was where one of their dates who was a psychiatrist deconstructed their relationships...

"You know, this kind of co-dependent, emotionally stunted, sitting in your stupid coffee house with your stupid big cups which, I'm sorry, might as well have nipples on them, and you're all, like, "Oh, define me! Define me! Love me, I need love!"

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Or any recognised form of reality, which was more the point I was making. A situation comedy based on a situation that's unlikely to happen is a bit flawed from the start. They all seemed fairly unsympathetic characters as well - possibly the funniest scene I remember in it was where one of their dates who was a psychiatrist deconstructed their relationships...

"You know, this kind of co-dependent, emotionally stunted, sitting in your stupid coffee house with your stupid big cups which, I'm sorry, might as well have nipples on them, and you're all, like, "Oh, define me! Define me! Love me, I need love!"

I recall a sitcom called "Mork and Mindy" which was set in Boulder, Colorado.

I know what you are going to say.

"Why would anyone want to live in Boulder, Colorado?"

Friends.
I could relate to the characters more. I felt that Frasier targeted an older audience with him having a kid, being divorced and looking for love in his late 30s/40s.
Friends was also consistently better over the series. Fraiser had some good moments but it was unwatchable after the introduction of Daphene's horrific family.
Friends didn't have a same drop in quality.

I'm pretty sure that Frasier would make my list of top ten TV shows of all time. I really liked Friends when it was on, but it isn't aging particularly well. It's more pleasant, familiar background noise if it comes on now, rather than something I'd actually laugh at.

Mind when Channel 4 showed new episodes of Frasier, Friends, and Father Ted between nine and ten-thirty on Friday nights? Er...no, me neither. I was also out sexing up the ladies  :unsure:

frasier's jokes at times were much better, however at times they could be quite far apart, friends humour might not have been as good, but at least it was regular

scrubs pisses all over both them imo, especially for characters, dr cox, dr kelso, ted and janitor were utterly class

5 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

frasier's jokes at times were much better, however at times they could be quite far apart, friends humour might not have been as good, but at least it was regular

scrubs pisses all over both them imo, especially for characters, dr cox, dr kelso, ted and janitor were utterly class

Coxy hates guitars.

Archived