Which one is better...

...Friends or Frasier?

For me, it's Frasier by a country mile. I l love the wit of the Crane family. The show is clever, amusing and clearly a but of thought went into the episodes.

Friends on the other hand is for stupid people. I hate how people adore that show. "Oh, you've got the box set of Season 3 do you? That's great. Hahaha, look at Joey! He's such a dumby!" Give me strength.

Which of these American sitcom heavyweights do you think is better? Is there another one which you think is better than these two?

Discuss.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The episode where those two characters had massive noses in Fraiser was the funniest - absolute slapstick comedy made all the funnier by how posh and intelligent Fraiser and Niles are but how they struggle in certain social situations.

Friends is too obvious a comedy in comparison and the characters are too simple a concept, it still works though for what it is.

14 minutes ago, throbber said:

The episode where those two characters had massive noses in Fraiser was the funniest - absolute slapstick comedy made all the funnier by how posh and intelligent Fraiser and Niles are but how they struggle in certain social situations.

This sums up what I was trying to get at in my OP. Thank you.

Frasier out of those two.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is without a doubt the best thing, not just sitcom, to come out of America. Why it is not more popular I will never know.

Seinfeld and Modern Family are up there too. Modern Family is great because it appeals to all ages, my 10 yo son loves it, plus Miss Vergara of course.

This sums up what I was trying to get at in my OP. Thank you.

I don't agree that friends is for idiots although the concept couldn't be any more obvious with the characters and it reaches out to absolutely everyone as the characters are so relatable. With Fraiser you wonder how on earth anyone came up with the concept and how they got it to work so well. Niles is the best character in it for me as well, quite clearly very damaged!

Archived