Do you play puggys?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I've never understood puggys. Playing them as well is shit chat, if you are out with your mates anyway. Very anti-social.

I prefer the machines with lots of different games on them like "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" They are easy to understand and they are inclusive.

Once took £20 out of a WWTBAM machine in Largs in 2000 or so while waiting for the ferry to Millport, think it had been set up incorrectly as the questions were idiot level* easy all the way through whereas normally once you got past question 9 or 10 they got really difficult.

*Or, y'know, Largs-level.

I've never understood puggys. Playing them as well is shit chat, if you are out with your mates anyway. Very anti-social.
I prefer the machines with lots of different games on them like "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" They are easy to understand and they are inclusive.

Every time I went in the foundry with my mates we'd lose one, he'd be standing at the door rotating between both machines and if he lost his spin because you'd spoke to him he'd flip out and tell you to give him a quid to cover it.

Doesn't come out on the piss with us anymore thankfully, couldn't be bothered with it.

Used to go to Johnstons in Dunfermline, place was manky as fuck. There was one machine that returned 20p for every 10p in.

Free 20 regal king size, thanks very much. 

There used to be a few folk who were bandit addicted and would come up to you when you haf nudges. "awrite m8, I know the reels, gies half the winnings and I'll tell you how to win" They had memorised the symbols ffs.

Much preferred final fight or the arcade machines.

There was a place in Irvine called Ruby Tuesdays that we used to go to as young teens and play puggies, Cops and Robbers being a favourite. On reflection it's a bit odd that these old places used to have an under 18 gambling section.

I was never big on them as I hated losing/wasting money. I did however win £120 out of one in a pub one night only thanks to my mate who knew what he was doing. I only put about £3 in and kept getting jackpot repeat chance. There was a guy who rattled a few quid in it just before me so I bought him and his table a round of drinks just to show I'm not a cock.

Once watched the brother in law fire £90 into one. He lost the lot. He said it was no loss as he had won it all earlier. His wife called my wife the next day to say that they had nothing to buy the messages with! Arshole with a capital A.

Even if you win, you lose.
Who the fuck enjoys the prospect of walking around with 60 single pound coins clattering around in your jeans pocket?
Moronic, puddle-drinking activity IMO.

I know what you mean but I'm sure the bar staff would quite happily swap a shit load of change in exchange for a couple of notes.

Archived