Do you play puggys?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a few folk who are addicted to playing them. Will happily tell you they won £100 but neglect to tell you they put in £115 to get that back out. I have also worked in a few pubs where it was common for the staff to keep an eye on roughly how much was going into a machine and how much had come back out so that they could switch the machine off early and put a few quid each from our tips into it hoping that we would empty if before we left after doing the close down.

I've stuck the odd score in when pished but that's about it. Haven't really worked them out - just getting onto the board is a pain in the arse. The one called Star Paws in particular is a nightmare. 

I've stuck the odd score in when pished but that's about it. Haven't really worked them out - just getting onto the board is a pain in the arse. The one called Star Paws in particular is a nightmare. 

If you know the names of puggys, then I think it's time to stop.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

If you know the names of puggys, then I think it's time to stop.

It's situated right next to the bar in my regular. Hardly that surprising with its big flashy lights and all. 

A few of my mates used to insist that the Simpsons puggy in one of the pubs in Inverness used to light up in a certain way when it was about to pay out and would pile money in when it did it.

It amazing the way that folk understimate how much they put in.

Help out at a Social Club at the weekend and it got a £200 jackpot machine next to bar. One old guy can play it for hours Normally lifts a bit and has hit the jackpot a couple of times. Always happy to tell folk anout get 80 or 90 or 120 out, fails to mention that he has changed a twenty at the bar 4 or 5 times  to get there, and used the change from a couple of drinks too. may say he used 40 or 50 to get 90. Remembers his wins precisely, forgets his spending amazingly.

Used to play them in the pub when I was younger.  I've been there sticking in £60 to get £50 out.  Haven't played one in years though.  Do boozers still have them?  I can't remember the last time I saw one, but haven't really been looking.

On the ferry back from Belfast years ago they had one with a £200 jackpot.  I was hungover and slowly wandering round the boat trying not to throw up.  I happened to walk past this one just as two guys who had been firing money into it since we left walked away.  I stuck a pound in and a couple of spins later, took £150 out it.  These two bangers decided that I'd somehow done them out of their money.  Thankfully my mates I was with suggested that unless they sat at the other end of the boat they'd be swimming home.

If I'm in for a drink myself I'll stick a fiver in.  I've probably won't a decent amount compared to what I put in recently.  

Not one of those idiots who play for the jackpot mind, £15/20 will do just fine.  

And 25p spins. 

I've never understood puggys. Playing them as well is shit chat, if you are out with your mates anyway. Very anti-social.

I prefer the machines with lots of different games on them like "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" They are easy to understand and they are inclusive.

Archived