Cowden v Elgin

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this will be our new managers first game in charge of the team. Great away win on Saturday at Berwick and the team looked to be playing with confidence and freedom for a change. It was just one win though after a terrible run and we are still 5 points adrift. 

A win here would certainly make things very interesting and give the teams above us real food for thought. Elgin will be a tough opponent though and a real test of if we are up for the fight.

I'd take a point if I am honest to get Locke on the board. Not unrealistic after a long day for Elgin.

If I am more honest I dont care if we lose if it means a result vs Clyde a week on Saturday

Lets go for the win, nothing less. We either want to catch the other teams, or we don't. No point faffing around hoping we just stay in touch until it's too late. Now is the time and we have good enough players.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Lets go for the win, nothing less. We either want to catch the other teams, or we don't. No point faffing around hoping we just stay in touch until it's too late. Now is the time and we have good enough players.

Agree. It's a home match and we have a new manager who the players should be looking to impress.  Elgin have a long journey so we should have a further advantage in that respect. 

Being realistic a point would be good but we need to be looking to win this. The dynamic has changed and Cowden have to capitalise on that.

Naturally as an Elgin supporter I want my team to win as we still have an outside chance of winning the league. The thought of Clyde being bottom of the league within the next coupe of weeks appeals greatly after all the previous "We're the big team with all the history, the rest are all diddys" at the start of the season. Hopefully Shane's back and normal service resumes. Close away win.

Forgot these midweek games were on but really worried about the situation we could be in by the end of the week.

Strongly fancy cowden to make it 2 wins in a row. Elgin don't travel well, especially midweek.

If Edinburgh then draw or win vs Berwick on the weds night we will be right in the shit with cowden breathing down our necks!

11 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Forgot these midweek games were on but really worried about the situation we could be in by the end of the week.

Strongly fancy cowden to make it 2 wins in a row. Elgin don't travel well, especially midweek.

If Edinburgh then draw or win vs Berwick on the weds night we will be right in the shit with cowden breathing down our necks!

Cowdens Great Escape is on and we have Clyde fully in our sight

We will win tomorrow night as our lads are up for it now as they know they are better than what our league position shows

Could be an interesting fixture next Tuesday with a relegation battle

We will win tomorrow night as our lads are up for it now as they know they are better than what our league position shows

The odds are still firmly against us and rightly so. Hopeful of a win, but we can't go into any game over confident.

8 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

I admire your optimism but one win doesn't mean we're suddenly going to go on a winning run.  Our lads are up for it but so are Elgin and if they have Sutherland fit then our defence may struggle. 

Elgin are the best side I've seen us face this season (out of them and Arbroath I think :lol:) so let's not get cocky!

Elgin are a good team and can score for fun when on form, but this is our chance to make amends.

Elgin are going to be in the play-offs at worse and I would like to see them go up. They will still be hoping they can win the league, but it's not looking likely. They don't need the win as much as us.

We are at home and should be very motivated and more up for the game than Elgin. We can't waste an opportunity like this. It's time to get a run going and bring some of the other teams back into the trapdoor zone.

Come on Cowden! Go flat out for the win! We are good enough.

5 minutes ago, PELE said:

Elgin are a good team and can score for fun when on form, but this is our chance to make amends.

Elgin are going to be in the play-offs at worse and I would like to see them go up. They will still be hoping they can win the league, but it's not looking likely. They don't need the win as much as us.

We are at home and should be very motivated and more up for the game than Elgin. We can't waste an opportunity like this. It's time to get a run going and bring some of the other teams back into the trapdoor zone.

Come on Cowden! Go flat out for the win! We are good enough.

This is a HUGE game tonight. I feel we need to take at least a point to keep momentum and bridge the gap even a little. Next Tuesday is potentially even bigger against clyde. We can do it and im sure the players are right up for it. 

Same team id imagine and from the highlights looks like carrick and renton are really starting to take off. Good partnership.Defensively......... we always struggle..

Archived