Deodorant's and shower gels

I have given the mint one a try more than once and, unless it's something you just get used to, the sensation was certainly not what I'd describe as enjoyable.

This. I assume those who like this shit have a keen interest in S and M. I was screaming like a little bitch when I put the stuff on my clackerbag.

I like plain Dove soap but don't really have a preference. It's whatever is on offer and what's in the shower. Whatever I use generally leaves a rash as I must be allergic to something they put in. I can't use Nivea at all as it doesn't agree with skin at all. Leaves a smell I can only describe as fusty. Minging.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'll turn this thread into... Strumpets of Yore, mwah ha ha 

1975.thumb.jpg.9d1be87335b5e04661e345139c702b24.jpg

images.jpg.a9067df31fb0e34fd1ca3d965d045747.jpg

this last one isn't a strumpet but anyone who listens to "Round the Horne" might hear an echo of "Julian and Sandy"- oooh, he's bold... and in English leather too, Mr Horne...

58950aa835033_englishleathermuskcologne.thumb.jpg.7b2bf9a74836a98b7e566232a1299179.jpg

anyway the best aftershave was Founder's Reserve, which was so crisp it took the plaque off your teeth. Unfortunately it's not made any more. As for shower gel, anything that costs a quid in a special offer will do me. 

23 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I think I'll turn this thread into... Strumpets of Yore, mwah ha ha 

1975.thumb.jpg.9d1be87335b5e04661e345139c702b24.jpg

images.jpg.a9067df31fb0e34fd1ca3d965d045747.jpg

this last one isn't a strumpet but anyone who listens to "Round the Horne" might hear an echo of "Julian and Sandy"- oooh, he's bold... and in English leather too, Mr Horne...

58950aa835033_englishleathermuskcologne.thumb.jpg.7b2bf9a74836a98b7e566232a1299179.jpg

Bona post but he looks like a Dilly boy to me...

I use original source in my home but if I'm showering somewhere else then whatever is there does fine. 

Why would anyone use deodorant rather than anti-perspirant? Why cover the smell of sweat rather than trying to reduce sweatiness?

Also, I have no idea what the difference between different forms of aftershave are, I just call them all aftershave. Anyone care to elaborate?

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Also, I have no idea what the difference between different forms of aftershave are, I just call them all aftershave. Anyone care to elaborate?

There's no standard but the general idea is how concentrated the perfume is....generally EDT>Cologne>Aftershave.  Gets trickier with women's scents and the perfume/ eau do perfum distinction.

I've traveled a lot and bought duty-free scent ;)

Archived