Paying players?

sctv

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't let the link come up for some reason, we did an interview with Michael Kennedy of Colville regarding his football and then second part paying players

You can find it on facebook under

Talkin baws (no g)

Good Talking Baws tonight. Michael came across well and hopefully put a few rumours to bed. In my time in that league Eddlewood then Drum Utd, followed by Colville all got the bad press due to winning things. As Michael says the truth is they are just well run successful clubs who will get mud thrown their way because of that success.St Pats, Bannockburn Viewfield have all been top dogs in amateur football at some point. No team dominates forever. Just now it's Colville's turn and a lot of folk are just envious of their set up and achievements. Fair play to Michael and Huck for going in front of the cameras and answering questions aimed at them. Well done all. Good episode tonight[emoji106]????[emoji460]

Yeah totally agree came across very well and so much passion for the Amateur game, good to see and well done Alex for setting it up.

The great answer Huck gave when asked what would one thing would you change in amateur football,I raised it about 10years ago with SAFA president and secretary suggesting we use the money and grants we have within the SAFA to build some sort of ground to play the big games on rather given the cash to senior clubs.

But was told the SAFA can not get grants are where would you build it good points in the reply but still worth looking into and sounds like the chap Huck agrees

Well Done Alex and Michael and Huck hopefully puts to bed all the nonsense that comes your way re paying players

It doesn't let the link come up for some reason, we did an interview with Michael Kennedy of Colville regarding his football and then second part paying players

You can find it on facebook under
Talkin baws (no g)

Cool cheers! Just wondered lol! I'll have a look, will be a good watch

Watched it last night and it was very interesting. In my experience players drop from senior and junior all over the country and go play amateur. It just so happens more of them are attracted to a club like colville at the moment as they are having a lot of success. Also the more ex senior or junior players you have the more likely they will attract others dropping down to amateur for work commitments, family reasons etc. I can't grudge these guys also who travel from Greenock to play because they are just trying to be successful and also with the chance to play in the real Scottish cup these days must be a pull for players. Nobody says you need to be paid in the game to sign for a team to be a success and test yourself with better players. Its not all about the money for some folk.

However and interesting point was made about Jamie Pollok who was due a significant signing on fee from gartcairn but asked to be released to go to colville. Things like that are the reason these rumours start and it can never be proven one way or another.

Also I would like to hear Micks thoughts on his comments about the list of players he tried to sign from rival clubs etc. What I would like to know is how he goes about this business. Do you approach players directly or do you contact their current club regardless if its the end of the season. IMO you should always contact the clubs manager and let them know you intend to speak to the player about joining.

It depends on the circumstances on how I have been made aware of the players availability, but I don't speak to their club I would speak directly to the player. I'm not aware of any amateur club in Scotland that speaks to the players club before speaking to player. Is that what happens at your club? What EK team is it your associated with? 

Very good show. 

Alex, Michael and Huck come accross very well. But whats the point in the other guy? Is he the comedy side show? Just comes accross as a ned and offers nothing constructive to the interview. 

Lol, bit harsh mate. But aye, he jokes were pish.

1 hour ago, garygoals said:

Very good show. 

Alex, Michael and Huck come accross very well. But whats the point in the other guy? Is he the comedy side show? Just comes accross as a ned and offers nothing constructive to the interview. 

Couldn't agree more haha

5 hours ago, ekfootball said:

Watched it last night and it was very interesting. In my experience players drop from senior and junior all over the country and go play amateur. It just so happens more of them are attracted to a club like colville at the moment as they are having a lot of success. Also the more ex senior or junior players you have the more likely they will attract others dropping down to amateur for work commitments, family reasons etc. I can't grudge these guys also who travel from Greenock to play because they are just trying to be successful and also with the chance to play in the real Scottish cup these days must be a pull for players. Nobody says you need to be paid in the game to sign for a team to be a success and test yourself with better players. Its not all about the money for some folk.

However and interesting point was made about Jamie Pollok who was due a significant signing on fee from gartcairn but asked to be released to go to colville. Things like that are the reason these rumours start and it can never be proven one way or another.

Also I would like to hear Micks thoughts on his comments about the list of players he tried to sign from rival clubs etc. What I would like to know is how he goes about this business. Do you approach players directly or do you contact their current club regardless if its the end of the season. IMO you should always contact the clubs manager and let them know you intend to speak to the player about joining.

I think if a player is approached by a club it's down to them to speak to their current manager or not. Would like to know some of the players that wur on the list right enough for no other reason than being a nosey b*****d lol. You got that list handy Michael ?

Archived