Paying players?

sctv

Mick I ask a serious question 

cp had the best set up in amateur football .now with all the nonsense going on regarding country club and team now based a Daziel park  now it looks as if there just same set up as greenfield or the green . What would be the selling pitch to players you want to sign as it's just run off mill set up now and will the name change and if so would it be new team starting from 1st division 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright mate, to be honest since I've been managing the club the set up hasn't been a factor in attracting players. I think the attraction is still we are run as one of the most professional amature clubs in Scotland, with a great squad and comptete for trophies each season, all the back round infrastructure hasn't changed mate.

I think it's still possible to create great teams from a standard playing set up, the drum and your wellhouse teams were great teams playing out if basic set ups

During the winter we have been away from Colvilles from Colvilles for a few years, and the current players prefer playing on astro. I think maybe 10 years ago when there wasn't as many Astro parks around it was an issue because of the playing surface at colvilles but most clubs have good playing surface. 

Nothing will change in the name of the team, and will still be in the premier, the football club committee is separate from the country club they have no say over the future of the club mate 

That wasn't a serious question and of it was it didn't merit an answer.
Alex will confirm that prior to the interview I agreed that he could ask me any question he wished. I believe I answers every question put to me. Unless someone has watched and seen something different.
if there are questions I dodged I will happily answer them 

Yep Michael agreed to any question put forward, he was also told I wouldn't be going easy on him which I don't think I did, indeed desi of all people jumped in three times as he thought I was being too harsh

Cash cooncil or proper was tongue in check half serious, there's been accusations of this sort of stuff in the past.

Do I still think paying players goes on ? Possibly but I reckon Michael put forward as much of a case and reason to dispel the rumours at Colville , personally I thought it was a good interview and one which we may revisit on a live show if anyone wants to attend.

Archived