Airdrie v Peterhead

I agree that MacDonald has his defensive frailties. For example the way he stood back and invited the East Fife player a free header was little short of criminal. However, I can't see him being dropped because he is pretty fast on the break.

I have mixed feelings about McIntosh. He is quite a gifted player but he is rather soft and often second to balls he should claim. For their goal on Saturday he should have stopped the ball getting to McAllister although after that Mensing should have stopped the goal. A bad goal to lose all round.

I know it's early days but I hope that we have turned the corner defensively. Despite being at fault for the goal Mensing looks like he has the presence we need.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you watching a different game from everyone else macdonald has been one of our more consistent players you have just said mckintosh gets caught out of position but you want to keep him in the team you have lost me macdonald won't be dropped for obvious reasons fact

Hiya Kieran, hiya pal.

I agree that MacDonald has his defensive frailties. For example the way he stood back and invited the East Fife player a free header was little short of criminal. However, I can't see him being dropped because he is pretty fast on the break.
I have mixed feelings about McIntosh. He is quite a gifted player but he is rather soft and often second to balls he should claim. For their goal on Saturday he should have stopped the ball getting to McAllister although after that Mensing should have stopped the goal. A bad goal to lose all round.
I know it's early days but I hope that we have turned the corner defensively. Despite being at fault for the goal Mensing looks like he has the presence we need.

Agree with you here.

I like Macdonald and wouldn't drop him but he's absolutely better going forwards than backwards.

Not sure why we have a random poster going off on one about him as I think the point made is justified. The question was just how we offer bit more protection down that side - not pitchforks at dawn.

For twenty minutes we looked like the team I've been hoping that we actually are. Mensing looks a great addition and seems to stabilise at the back.

It's a small step forward at the moment but it's a step.

Archived