Stranraer v Albion Rovers

Just offering my opinion, Sam. Most Rovers fans were disgruntled to see him withdrawn after an hour but I thought he wasn't getting close enough to their creative players, Agnew in particular. Mick Dunlop had severe and loud verbals with him in the first half. We went 4-4-2 bringing on Ferguson, but we were seriously weaker than them in midfield. Ryan Thomson was also good in a holding position, though untroubled by our attacking midfielders. Stranraer don't look like a team to be relegated which is worrying for us, I say.

Hopefully when Ryan Wallace returns we will look like more of a threat, big Ross Stewart seems to be all we've got at the moment. Willis, McBride and Davidson just aren't doing it just now. Also a rare start for Kevin McCann, how do you think he did?

59 minutes ago, sam2304 said:

Hopefully when Ryan Wallace returns we will look like more of a threat, big Ross Stewart seems to be all we've got at the moment. Willis, McBride and Davidson just aren't doing it just now. Also a rare start for Kevin McCann, how do you think he did?

Ineffective. I think he was tasked with tailing Willie Gibson, but, again, our entire midfield was outplayed by theirs. Wouldn't single out McCann. I'd prefer Ross Gilmour to be given a start.

8 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Albion Rover fans slating catering facilities on their forum. A Stranraer fan on Facebook accusing Rovers fans of bigoted songs. It's kicking off!

Eh? A comical remark on the Rovers forum about running out of Bovril constitutes "slating?" And bigoted songs? There were NO songs at the game - nothing about which to sing. Fake news indeed, Sir.

Eh? A comical remark on the Rovers forum about running out of Bovril constitutes "slating?" And bigoted songs? There were NO songs at the game - nothing about which to sing. Fake news indeed, Sir.

Don't shoot the messenger! It's on the Stranraer Facebook page for all to see. Not that it makes it true.
Don't shoot the tea lady either.

1 hour ago, Bold Rover said:

Agree Bold" Rover "Albion fans good banter, I heard nothing bigotry during the game. Can't comment on the pies.

1 hour ago, Blue1870 said:

Neither did I but got informed that there was some comments in mainstand from a few who were told to pipe down.

Was in stand heard nothing but a few kids from both sides exchanging banter ,nothing wrong with stating bovril run out, posting about the game would be better. I thought Albion fans well behaved.

3 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Don't shoot the messenger! It's on the Stranraer Facebook page for all to see. Not that it makes it true.
Don't shoot the tea lady either.

No shots from me, Matt! Do you have a link to the faecesbook page?

Archived