East fife vs Queens Park

This is lining up to be a cracker and more than likely the winner jumping into a play off spot , wonder if Barry Smith starts Duggan after last weeks 49minute run out , can Ryan keep his goalless streak going , we have been on a good run but QP are no mugs and a bit of a bogey team for us .I'll go with 1-0 fife

The game's at Hampden by the way

We were also on a good run....until Peterhead last week ( our bogey team this season ) Gus has strengthened the squad considerably since then with development loan players from the leagues above. Wonder if he'll throw them all in at once. I would expect Zanatta and McIlduff to start at least.

Every game is huge now. Only 1 point off the play offs but only 6 ahead of the other play offs 

I reckon if the Brechin game hadn't been postponed we'd have had a good win up there and maybe a bit more confidence to take Ayr down at Somerset. Might not have lifted the Balmoor jinx though. It's a very interesting league with Stranraer, Stenny and now Peterhead all showing more promise and Alloa, Airdrie and Brechin trying their best to stay with the pack. It really will be a hoors knickers from here on in. Livi to win the title the week before we play them on the run-in ;)

Slavering for a goalfest I am, so I'll dream of a comfy 3-0 win and our backline getting it tight again whilst the young Bucks run free. Gus to smile and wave to the fans at the end :rolleyes:

No easy games in this division for any team and Queens Park will provide us with another tough test. I've been quite impressed with Queens Park, they are always very well organised and fight for everything when we play them and I'm sure they will be fired up to bounce back from last week's hiding from Peterhead.

I'm disappointed we've not been able to bolster our squad lately but hopefully our injury problems are on the mend and we can fight for a play off place. My prediction is 2.2 with Arnold Dwarika getting the hatrick. Mon the Fife

Ah, that was a decent second-half performance from the lads. Full backs pushing on, using the width of the park, playing a high pressing game etc. Don't often go on here to sing my own team's praises but we were half-decent today. Well done boys!

Always a difficult place to get a result and before the game I would have taken a point but after our 2nd half performance I feel gutted we didn't get all 3. We started well but Queens went ahead with their first real attack after Pat Slattery was fouled in the middle of the park (just one of many bizarre decisions by Gavin Ross and his Assistant !) Great finish from Zanatta to end Goodfellows clean sheet record.

Brown and Paterson then didn't communicate and bumped into each other, lost possession and Queens scored their second. Despite not having played badly we faced an uphill battle in the second half.

The players came out for the second half looking determined to get back in the game and very quickly made use of the overlapping runs of Penrice and Watt. Chris Duggan started to show what we've missed and scored a great goal from the edge of the box. At this stage we dominated the game and had Queens pinned back and only a couple of good saves by Muir denied us the equaliser. Pat Slattery had a goal chalked off for offside but a penalty should have been awarded for handball in the build up.

Robinson got the equaliser when Duggan laid the ball into his path and it was no more than we deserved. Duggan who had put in a great shift leading the line, was subbed after about 75 mins and this seemed to allow Queens back in the game. They could have won it late on when they passed up a couple of good chances but it would have been harsh on the Fife. Our second half performance was as good as we have had this season.

The officials were as usual in the totally incompetent category ! Booking players when the striker knocks the ball past a defender then runs straight into him - what are they supposed to do ? Evaporate !! The foul in the build up to Queens first goal was ridiculous and the handball in the box not given was unbelievable. I've not doubt some decisions will have annoyed and baffled Queens fans too. The incompetence of Match Officials is becoming a real worry as it is becoming the norm rather than the exception. 

So a decent point against a team we always struggle against. Have to say the pitch at Hampden looked really poor and cut up badly. Some of the bounces were really strange to say the least. However, 11 games undefeated - great team spirit. Let's keep that run going. Mon the Fife !

Dreadful tactics from Gus today. A reworked back 5 was always a challenge and Gus seems to think the way to protect them is pulling the midfield deep and lumping balls into the corners. We've got some really good ball players in the middle who spent most of the game watching the ball sailing over their heads. Once the two goal advantage was gone Gus then decides to put 3 up front, midfield start getting the ball and slicing passes through the channels and the defence is suddenly not under pressure. Genius! Try it for 90 minutes some week Gus.

2 points lost. Muir and Wharton were excellent and Zanatta made a huge difference. Two excellent goals. Disappointed for the players more than the result.

7 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Dreadful tactics from Gus today. A reworked back 5 was always a challenge and Gus seems to think the way to protect them is pulling the midfield deep and lumping balls into the corners. We've got some really good ball players in the middle who spent most of the game watching the ball sailing over their heads. Once the two goal advantage was gone Gus then decides to put 3 up front, midfield start getting the ball and slicing passes through the channels and the defence is suddenly not under pressure. Genius! Try it for 90 minutes some week Gus.

2 points lost. Muir and Wharton were excellent and Zanatta made a huge difference. Two excellent goals. Disappointed for the players more than the result.

Two points lost! Really? From a QP point of view surely that was a point gained, given how much East Fife were on top throughout the game...

Archived