Stirling Albion v Montrose

Its back to League business on Saturday when Montrose visit Forthbank..

Given our position near the bottom of the League its vital we get the 3 points on Saturday against an Montrose team who have improved under their new manager

Don't expect many changes from the team that lost to Clyde midweek but their might be a place for Sean Dickson starting this game in midfield instead of on the bench, just hope we defend better on Saturday and get the 3 points.

Prediction Albion 1 Montrose 0   

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I'm normally Mr Optomistic, I must admit, after the performance in the last 2 games, I'm honestly not holding out much hope for this game.

i don't see the point of going over old rope week in week out, but it was interesting to read in this week's Observer that Mackay did move for a couple of Strikers but his targets weren't available, that 2 players he "won't stand in their way of leaving" still remain at the club but also that the target for the season is simply not to finish 10th [emoji33]

Although I'm normally Mr Optomistic, I must admit, after the performance in the last 2 games, I'm honestly not holding out much hope for this game.

When Mr Optimistic can't even be optimistic you know you're fucked...

Fraser is still suspended but with the new signings SP will have more options. Question is will they all gel quickly. My guess is he will not make wholesale changes but it will be good to have good options on the bench. After our last couple of performances at Forthbank I just hope we are more than a tad better this time. Hope to be there unless the weather caves in on us.

Was a really good game on Christmas eve, and important players for both are out/gone since last time so not sure how it'll go. I'd be happy with a draw but it would be excellent to go three wins on the bounce against teams around us in the bottom half!

Mo fans, be aware the Kerse road is shut, this is the road which connects Craigs roundabout at the bottom of the town to the springkerse industrial estate, diversons in place take you through Bannockburn/Braehead or down past the Vue cinema and premier inn

2 hours ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Montrose fans housed in the away stand or is everybody just in the main stand?

Everybody housed in the Main stand, Montrose fans use the turnstyle at the bottom of Main Stand.

Not sure what sort of support Montrose will bring through for this game.....but a word of advice that the Cowdenbeath fans seemed to struggle with.

If a seat has a white sticker on it with the word 'Reserved' on it (it will be in black writing), then don't sit on it. There are plenty of seats in the stand (mainly towards the monument end) without these stickers on them.

Cowdenbeath fans seemed to struggle with this concept and when people arrived at their "reserved" seat they became quite anxious about having to move and when Stewards told them there were plenty of seats at the opposite end of the stand, this caused a large number of them to become quite irate.

Just scunnered, absolutely scunnered. Reality has finally sunk in for me, this is really a Lowland League battle now and we've got 13 games to ensure it doesn't happen.

Also, that attendance today (400 and odd) goes to show that it's also worrying times off the field. I always urge people to keep coming, because empty seats don't have voices, but when you look at the way the club has been mismanaged, you honestly can't blame folk.

I always questioned the logic in appointing Mackay, and, like McLaren, he says the right things but actually, I'm STILL not seeing any evidence that he's the man to take us forward. Why oh why oh why the Exc/Trust/Whoever decided it was a great idea to appoint an unknown manager in this time of need is mind blowing to me.

He can't work with the players we had, so cleared a large proportion of them out.....and now it looks as though the ones he identified as being better...are not.....surely we have to question him as manager then???

Despite the best efforts of Wright & McMillan....or Morcombe & Wise we went in at half time 1-0 and it was deserved. Some of the play was nice...but it was obvious that we were never keeping a clean sheet so had to score, I also thought Dickson, McLaren & Henderson were playing well and other than getting caught offside a lot, Smith was trying to get himself involved too, so you thought we'd create chances.

Second Half started and it was apparent that we were having to play on the counter due to Montrose flooding the Midfield. Fair play to Petrie, he read the game well and so did their players who used every tactic in the book to gain an advantage, but again we created a few chances and there was a sense of optimisum sweeping through the Safeway End, but that optimusum wasn't to last as the play because sloppy and as bad as anything we saw during the last few years.

Ross McMillan's penalty just summed it up, he threw it away and we threw it away, it was as embarrassing as watching Chris Templeman waltz around our Defence not once, not twice but THREE times.

The ref was the ref, after Terry Masson got away with that challenge on Willie Robertson it was clear he was only going one way....an absolutely ned of a man and I hope Robertson isn't crocked long term but I suspect he will be.

As the players trapsed off the pitch, there were a few unsavoury shouts from those around me, looking at the league table and the last 3 performances, they were totally justified but the looks the players (subs mainly) were giving back were like "wtf?", do these players not know the sh*t we are in?

I could go on and on and on but I'm going to stop now, I'm just absolutely scunnered and fear for the future of this club

Not a classic game by any means and a bit tetchy at times. In the end I thought Montrose wanted it more and missed a sitter right at the end as well. Binos lacked a decisive punch and it's clear why they are struggling. Typical L2 refereeing again, need I say more? For Montrose Cammy Ballantyne (No 2) impressive again and his ballistic run into the box brought the winning penalty. Then SP brought on a few new young guns with fresh legs to see the game out.

As I say, not a classic but a wins a win and in this tight division you simply have to beat what's in front of you each week. I don't think either team will finish 10th but certainly no need for complacency. Mo will be looking upwards now but have a tricky next few games ahead - so do the Binos of course.

8 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Not sure what sort of support Montrose will bring through for this game.....but a word of advice that the Cowdenbeath fans seemed to struggle with.

If a seat has a white sticker on it with the word 'Reserved' on it (it will be in black writing), then don't sit on it. There are plenty of seats in the stand (mainly towards the monument end) without these stickers on them.

Cowdenbeath fans seemed to struggle with this concept and when people arrived at their "reserved" seat they became quite anxious about having to move and when Stewards told them there were plenty of seats at the opposite end of the stand, this caused a large number of them to become quite irate.

If your club employed Sewards who directed away fans to a designated area or actually knew where the designated away section was would be a help^_^

Well same old story decent first half deserved to go in 1-0 up but once again we fail to take advantage and allow Montrose back in the game to equalise. Just can't defend and it was no surprise that we gave away another goal with the penalty.

Bad tackle from Montrose No 8 only earned him a yellow card and it looks like Willie Robertson could be out for a long time. The referee let Montrose off with a lot and the Montrose No 3 was looking to get Albion players booked a couple of times during the 2nd half.

Still we can only hope we get the points next week against Berwick, if we don't then we could be in trouble.

Archived