Stirling Albion v Montrose

You've definitely changed your tune, fair play for admitting it.
I take no pleasure from it but i remember saying I feared for you staying up almost a month ago and being laughed at. 
You can't get rid of senior players and replace with kids on loan when you're near the drop.
MacKay should have used the players he had got them safe then made wholesale changes in the summer with time to bed them in.
This is going to be tough, but here's hoping you get enough points and Clyde get sucked in 

All us Albion supporters laughed at the thought of us being anywhere near the bottom because at that time we had Angus Beith and Bikey.

Now we have no real threat, infact our biggest threat is bloody Sean Dickson. Very worrying times for us, the Lowland League is slowly getting nearer and nearer.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

All us Albion supporters laughed at the thought of us being anywhere near the bottom because at that time we had Angus Beith and Bikey.

Now we have no real threat, infact our biggest threat is bloody Sean Dickson. Very worrying times for us, the Lowland League is slowly getting nearer and nearer.

But you knew Bikey was likely to leave. 

Getting rid of senior players such as Hodge , McKenzie etc and replacing with kids was a huge gamble.

hope you stay up as Stirling are far too big a club for Lowland league.

Also said at time , that Corrigan would have been the safe bet until summer 

Also said at time , that Corrigan would have been the safe bet until summer 

No he wouldn't. He and McLaren should not have been offered a new contract at the end of last season. A new fucking contract for finishing 7th, a major balls up by the board.

Well once again we made it tough for ourselves, decent in the 1st half but once again like the Annan game we cannot hold a lead and once Montrose had equalised felt they would get another and so they did.  Given results elsewhere it means we are 2nd bottom of the League 3 points ahead of Cowdenbeath who have a game in hand. Need to start winning games at home and next week we face Berwick where we MUST get the 3 points.

News of the injury to Wullie Robertson who was stretchered off doesn't appear to be good could be out for the rest of the season. Poor refereeing from the man in charge only producing a yellow card for this tackle and allowed Montrose to get away a lot at times. Special mention must go to Montrose No 3 who tried to get a couple of Albion players booked in the 2nd half.

Must do better next week or we will find ourselves at the bottom staring at a Relegation playoff game.

57 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

No he wouldn't. He and McLaren should not have been offered a new contract at the end of last season. A new fucking contract for finishing 7th, a major balls up by the board.

Agree, how the Exec Board offered the pair of them a new contract in the summer is beyond me. Just hope we manage to stay out of 10th spot and rebuild in the summer.

How did Kerr hay look when he came on? Brilliant result and hats off to sp and his team. Has the players playing for him big time which is great to see.... Bring on the Smokies! [emoji51]

Agree, how the Exec Board offered the pair of them a new contract in the summer is beyond me. Just hope we manage to stay out of 10th spot and rebuild in the summer.

Its could ultimately cost us our place in the SPFL. If Mackay or another man had been put in place in the summer I doubt we would be relying on young loans to save our season.

5 hours ago, rhliston said:

Well once again we made it tough for ourselves, decent in the 1st half but once again like the Annan game we cannot hold a lead and once Montrose had equalised felt they would get another and so they did.  Given results elsewhere it means we are 2nd bottom of the League 3 points ahead of Cowdenbeath who have a game in hand. Need to start winning games at home and next week we face Berwick where we MUST get the 3 points.

News of the injury to Wullie Robertson who was stretchered off doesn't appear to be good could be out for the rest of the season. Poor refereeing from the man in charge only producing a yellow card for this tackle and allowed Montrose to get away a lot at times. Special mention must go to Montrose No 3 who tried to get a couple of Albion players booked in the 2nd half.

Must do better next week or we will find ourselves at the bottom staring at a Relegation playoff game.

Terry Masson did not get a yellow card for this fair hard tackle,he had received a yellow in the first half.Thought the Mo deserved the win after a much improved second half.We now have players that can come off the bench and change a game,before SP our bench was very weak. 

Superb day out on Saturday and another battling performance. Committed performance by the players and the celebrations by them in front the fans after the goals and at the end was really good also and appreciated by a healthy away support.

1 hour ago, MoJest said:

Terry Masson did not get a yellow card for this fair hard tackle,he had received a yellow in the first half. 

Not sure you are right there. I thought he was yellow carded for the tackle on the lad who got stretchered off.The ref looked to play on and I thought it was the lino who flagged then the ref stopped play, booked Terry and gave the Binos a free kick. Terry definitely got the ball but the rules of the game state that even if you get the ball first the tackle must not endanger an opponent. Rightly or wrongly the lino felt the tackle was too robust. We have to accept that.

One or two Binos comments are moaning that Mo players were trying to get their players booked and Steeves in particular was. That's only one way of looking at it but right in front of us Steeves was felled badly and he confronted the offender. If that's regarded as trying to get a player booked then it's the thin end of the wedge. First half there were at least two cringing tackles by Binos players which went unpunished and I said at the time 'just watch our first foul will get yellow carded - and it did.' If you dish it out, and Stirling did early on, you can expect to get it dished back - and Mo did that. In other words don't mess if you don't want messed back to.

12 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

Not sure you are right there. I thought he was yellow carded for the tackle on the lad who got stretchered off.The ref looked to play on and I thought it was the lino who flagged then the ref stopped play, booked Terry and gave the Binos a free kick. Terry definitely got the ball but the rules of the game state that even if you get the ball first the tackle must not endanger an opponent. Rightly or wrongly the lino felt the tackle was too robust. We have to accept that.

One or two Binos comments are moaning that Mo players were trying to get their players booked and Steeves in particular was. That's only one way of looking at it but right in front of us Steeves was felled badly and he confronted the offender. If that's regarded as trying to get a player booked then it's the thin end of the wedge. First half there were at least two cringing tackles by Binos players which went unpunished and I said at the time 'just watch our first foul will get yellow carded - and it did.' If you dish it out, and Stirling did early on, you can expect to get it dished back - and Mo did that. In other words don't mess if you don't want messed back to.

Terry Masson was booked in 36 minutes

I actually thought it was a hard but fair challenge, although some people around me thought it was reckless, everyone sees things differently, without slow motion replays very difficult to see who is right.

On 06/02/2017 at 14:41, JakeSAFC said:

Its could ultimately cost us our place in the SPFL. If Mackay or another man had been put in place in the summer I doubt we would be relying on young loans to save our season.

Can anyone explain what MacKay has done that makes Binos think he's the right man for the job

Can anyone explain what MacKay has done that makes Binos think he's the right man for the job

He's done nothing to convince me. Sure, he says the right things and comes across as likeable....but so did Stuart McLaren.

19 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Petrie seems to be doing a good job?

It's amazing the difference a new manager can make. Football is a simple game and by playing players in the correct positions and getting them motivated you give yourself a chance in each game. He's also very vocal from the sidelines. 

Archived