Stirling Albion v Montrose

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lot of sour grapes on here. Ref was bad for both, as they always are. How neither he nor linesman spotted your number 9 kick out in the first half, or book Henderson for his constant pushing. We could go back and forth with how we felt the ref let the other side off. Stirling's foul count to number of bookings says it all really though.

First half Montrose were poor with lots of misplaced passes and no effort to win second balls. Second half we were a lot better and felt the comeback was always on. Hay should have made it 3, and I always felt the Stirling number 9 had it in him to turn and make space for himself to score, but in the end a win is a win and delighted with the result, especially given a couple of regulars having a bit of an off day.

If your club employed Sewards who directed away fans to a designated area or actually knew where the designated away section was would be a help[emoji5]

Home fans through turnstile 1 and 2, away fans through turnstile 3. It's not hard.

Then again you are from Cowden.....

We were in complete control till Montrose scored. Also how the Montrose number 8 stayed on the park is a complete joke, two footed lunge on Robertson which resulted in him being taken off injured.

Before todays game I was confident we would stay up and still had belief that Mackay was the man for the job. But after watching that I am confident we will finish bottom and that Mackay is well out his depth.

For starters, Fraser Wright is completely past it. Cunt cant even walk without a limp. All Mackays signings are absolutely shite.

The best for the Albion today were funnily enough Stuart McLaren signings, Dickson and Henderson.

Lowland league here we come [emoji30]

Stirling were much the better side in the first half and should have been more than 1 goal up at half time. They were firing some really dangerous crosses into the box and we were relying on a lot of last ditch challenges to prevent the 2nd goal. I thought the penalty decision was fair enough. 

I thought masson's challenge was hard but fair, didn't look like a 2 footer and won the ball. The referee wasn't even going to give the foul until Mackay started shouting at him. I hope the injury isn't too serious. 

Stirling missed a free header at the start of the second which I think would have killed the game. Faironically play to petrie for recognising that 4-5-1 wasn't working and changing it to 4-4-2. The introduction of pace up front made all the difference. Twinkle toes Templeman dancing past the lumbering stirling rearguard combined with a nice finish was a thing of beauty. Our penalty was a stonewaller but an unnecessary challenge made by the defender. Stirling still had their chances and could easily have got back on terms. Not sure what the Stirling player did to get sent off. 

A gutsy win against a decent team keeps us in the race for a playoff spot-at the right end of the table for a change 

If your club employed Sewards who directed away fans to a designated area or actually knew where the designated away section was would be a help[emoji5]

Absolutely, our stewards cocked the whole thing up and didn't cover themselves in any glory.....which I said was an embarrassment at the time. However, the point I was making was that regardless of the direction a steward points you in, if a seat has a reserved sticker on it then there is a high possibility that someone else will come along and want to sit there.

I thought masson's challenge was hard but fair, didn't look like a 2 footer and won the ball. The referee wasn't even going to give the foul until Mackay started shouting at him. I hope the injury isn't too serious. 

Good and fair summary as usual Endieinreekie, however with regards to this challenge, I think it depends on the angle you had of it. There were certain Stirling fans who were nearer the half way line that thought the same however the angle I had of it, it was horrendous and there was every chance that Robertson was going to be injured. Robertson has been guilty of those types of challengers as well in the past, so some may argue "what goes around, comes around" but it's something we don't want to see anybody doing. It should have been a straight red and probably would of had the referee had the angle of the linesman.

The Ref blew when the linesman's flag went up for the foul, however, for whatever reason, that's the only involvement he wanted in the situation.

Anyway, it's all by-the-by and pretty irrelevant. I'm sure Masson knows in himself it was a shocker, however he was lucky this time and got away with it......which happens and he actually went on to have a good game for Montrose (probably the best I have seen him play in truth).

It's back to the drawing board for Stirling. We can complain about this decision but can have no complaints at losing the 3 points

9 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Absolutely, our stewards cocked the whole thing up and didn't cover themselves in any glory.....which I said was an embarrassment at the time. However, the point I was making was that regardless of the direction a steward points you in, if a seat has a reserved sticker on it then there is a high possibility that someone else will come along and want to sit there.

Good and fair summary as usual Endieinreekie, however with regards to this challenge, I think it depends on the angle you had of it. There were certain Stirling fans who were nearer the half way line that thought the same however the angle I had of it, it was horrendous and there was every chance that Robertson was going to be injured. Robertson has been guilty of those types of challengers as well in the past, so some may argue "what goes around, comes around" but it's something we don't want to see anybody doing. It should have been a straight red and probably would of had the referee had the angle of the linesman.

The Ref blew when the linesman's flag went up for the foul, however, for whatever reason, that's the only involvement he wanted in the situation.

Anyway, it's all by-the-by and pretty irrelevant. I'm sure Masson knows in himself it was a shocker, however he was lucky this time and got away with it......which happens and he actually went on to have a good game for Montrose (probably the best I have seen him play in truth).

It's back to the drawing board for Stirling. We can complain about this decision but can have no complaints at losing the 3 points

You could be right with regards to the angle, we were a fair bit away from the incident but it didn't look like he went in to injure him deliberately and he did win the ball. Masson is a nippy wee shite but generally is more of a niggly player than a dirty one so I don't think the intent was there to hurt him. It's never good to see players injured and I hope he makes a speedy recovery 

Referee booked Smith for kicking out at fresh air for heavens sake but thinks a two footed high tackle is only a booking.

What bothered me most was the time it took him to allow the physio onto the park, it was obvious that the player was hurt. OK there was a rumpus, which tells me the players knew how bad the tackle was.

As to the game, the Albion backed off and backed off in the second half and made defending very hard for themselves.

The sending off at the end was a joke as well.

10 hours ago, endieinreekie said:

A gutsy win against a decent team keeps us in the race for a playoff spot-at the right end of the table for a change 

That's a load of pish mate, we're fucking horrible and that's why we're second bottom and that's why we'll have local derby's with the shire and Stirling uni next season.

17 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

We were in complete control till Montrose scored. Also how the Montrose number 8 stayed on the park is a complete joke, two footed lunge on Robertson which resulted in him being taken off injured.

Before todays game I was confident we would stay up and still had belief that Mackay was the man for the job. But after watching that I am confident we will finish bottom and that Mackay is well out his depth.

For starters, Fraser Wright is completely past it. Cunt cant even walk without a limp. All Mackays signings are absolutely shite.

The best for the Albion today were funnily enough Stuart McLaren signings, Dickson and Henderson.

Lowland league here we come emoji30.png

You've definitely changed your tune, fair play for admitting it.

I take no pleasure from it but i remember saying I feared for you staying up almost a month ago and being laughed at. 

You can't get rid of senior players and replace with kids on loan when you're near the drop.

MacKay should have used the players he had got them safe then made wholesale changes in the summer with time to bed them in.

This is going to be tough, but here's hoping you get enough points and Clyde get sucked in 

1 hour ago, Binos123sam said:

That's a load of pish mate, we're fucking horrible and that's why we're second bottom and that's why we'll have local derby's with the shire and Stirling uni next season.

I didn't think you were that bad yesterday, by far the better team in the first and even when we were on top you were  still creating chances. That free header goes in at the start of the second half and you probably would have won the game. You still had chances at the end to get a point. Admittedly, you need to take these chances but the fact that you are creating them is a positive. 

Archived