Away from the drama of this season's exciting title race, is there a comprehensive list (as in top 50 or 100) of top scorers for the premiership/ spl?
The other week Kris Doolan scored his 41st league goal and Richard Gordon said he moves upto 9th in the all-time list, so was just wondering...

That will be St Johnstone's all time list as opposed to the league

9 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I believe only Griffiths and Rooney have more goals since 2013 in the league so it won't be that.

It could include all 4 divisions of the SPFL, though that would admittedly be a bit strange.

10 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That will be St Johnstone's all time list as opposed to the league

Maybe goals against St Johnstone, as the wee shite always seems to score against us!

I'm sure Richard Gordon said something along the lines of Doolan scores his 41st goal and moves upto 9th, overtaking Kris Commons.  So would that make it more likely to be since 1998 or 2013?

I posted this on the match thread as well but it probably belongs here
Edinburgh City's late winner means that three Edinburgh sides won for the first weekend since  Meadowbank Thistle "died" or "moved to Livingston" in 1995.

The Fife Flyers can't be looking forward to their trip to Murrayfield tonight

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

The since 1998 list doesn't really make a great deal of sense any more, now that the SPL doesn't even exist.  The way I see it, there are one of three options now - the all-time list since 1890, the Premier Division era since 1975 or the Premiership era since 2013.

Transfermarkt.de isn't allowing be to specify a span of seasons but I can filter by age

These are the top 10 scorers currently  between the ages of 23 and 30  (Which gets rid of the likes of  Larson & Boyd)

Anthony Stokes(28)
Leigh Griffith(26)
Adam Rooney(28)
Billy McKay(28)
Gary Hooper(29)
Niall McGinn(29)
Stven Naismigh(30)
Kris Doolan(30)
David Goodwillie(27)

I suspect you're overall top 10 since 2013 would probably look similar to that

Motherwell's Top League Goalscorers in the Premier League Era (1975 - now)

1. John Sutton (65)

2. Scott McDonald (64)

3. Steve Kirk (63)

4. Tommy Coyne (59)

5. Dougie Arnott (59)

6. Willie Pettigrew (56)

So 1 more goal for McDonald equals the club record, 2 goals sets a new record.  Hopefully he can get both against St. Johnstone on Saturday!

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Away from the drama of this season's exciting title race, is there a comprehensive list (as in top 50 or 100) of top scorers for the premiership/ spl?

The other week Kris Doolan scored his 41st league goal and Richard Gordon said he moves upto 9th in the all-time list, so was just wondering...

Probably not right but Doolan's goal against Hearts a couple of weeks back moved him into 9th on Thistle's all time competitive goalscorers list (with 98 goals, 99 after yesterday), tho the fact you've also mentioned 41st league goal leaves me doubting it.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Transfermarkt.de isn't allowing be to specify a span of seasons but I can filter by age

These are the top 10 scorers currently  between the ages of 23 and 30  (Which gets rid of the likes of  Larson & Boyd)

Anthony Stokes(28)
Leigh Griffith(26)
Adam Rooney(28)
Billy McKay(28)
Gary Hooper(29)
Niall McGinn(29)
Stven Naismigh(30)
Kris Doolan(30)
David Goodwillie(27)

I suspect you're overall top 10 since 2013 would probably look similar to that

Naismith and Hooper left Scotland before the Premiership started.  Not sure why you'd want to get rid of Kris Boyd given that he's scored 34 Premiership goals since 2013.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Naismith and Hooper left Scotland before the Premiership started.  Not sure why you'd want to get rid of Kris Boyd given that he's scored 34 Premiership goals since 2013.

So we still need to add one more over 30 into the list

The list of leading Premiership era goalscorers is as follows:

1. Leigh Griffiths (60)
2. Adam Rooney (55)
3. Kris Doolan (43)
4. Billy Mckay (42)
5. Kris Commons (41)
6. Liam Boyce (39)
7. Niall McGinn (37)
8. John Sutton (36)
9. Kris Boyd (34)
10. Steven MacLean (31)

Edited by craigkillie
Missed Niall McGinn initially

14 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Rangers title hopes may have officially died today but they can take some consolation from the fact that they've now secured top 6 football

Clint Hill's late equaliser has put them 16 points clear of 7th place Kilmarnock with 5 games till the split

It also opens up the chance of Celtic winning the title against Rangers. 15pts between Celtic and Aberdeen with 5 games to the split. In the unlikely scenario that Aberdeen manage to match Celtics results until then, it would be the first game after the split which would see them crowned