St Johnstone Football Club V Glasgow Celtic Football Club 5/2/17

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all seriousness this is likely the best chance any team have of beating them. They've just broken the record, have the title sewn up and their two main strikers are down on fitness. While we've got nothing to lose, are in form and have successfully shitfested in the past few weeks.

We'll either win or get absolutely rogered, no middle ground.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm all seriousness this is likely the best chance any team have of beating them. They've just broken the record, have the title sewn up and their two main strikers are down on fitness. While we've got nothing to lose, are in form and have successfully shitfested in the past few weeks.

We'll either win or get absolutely rogered, no middle ground.

Agree with everything except the last part. We didn't get pumped at Snake Mountain the other week so I don't expect us to get pumped in Perth.

Narrow Saints win/score draw/narrow Celtic win IMHO

It would be great for Scottish football if everyone's favourite underdogs, St Johnstone, could defeat the establishment giants.

It would be enjoyable, just for once, if Brendan Rogers didn't have the opportunity to sound incredibly smug about his mastermind tactics, when in reality we all know you could drag any daftie off the street and he would guide Celtic to the title with the resources and squad they have.

I don't even dislike the guy, but some of his self-love is Owen Coyle-ish in his analysis of another routine victory.  My personal favourite though was his patting himself on the back in the interview before the game at the Nou Camp for coming up with the ingenious 5 at the back, which no other team had ever thought of.

A midfield of Chris Millar and Murray Davidson at its heart is one of the most underrated in Scottish European World football, and one not to be taken lightly.  

We were very positive in the recent game at Celtic, with 2 upfront, and I wonder if Tommy will fancy going for it here, as we really have nothing to lose with the gap we've opened up over 6th place. Swanson is in danger of being dropped, but Alston and Spoony are fine replacements.  Steven Maclean was great against Thistle, and whilst he doesn't do as well at closing down as Kane, he is brilliant and holding the ball up and getting us higher up the park.

Zander Clark to play a stormer and cement his big money move before Saints batter Celtic into submission. 3-1 to Saints as the Perth juggernaut rolls over all who stand in our way.

Clark

Watson    Anderson     Shaughnessy    Easton

Alston    Millar     Davidson   Swanson

Wotherspoon

Maclean

The won't happen, as Foster will start. It's just Celtic have a real aerial presence at set pieces and Watson is stronger in the air so I'd consider him.  But what will Tinkerman Tommy decide....??

42 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It would be great for Scottish football if everyone's favourite underdogs, St Johnstone, could defeat the establishment giants.

It would be enjoyable, just for once, if Brendan Rogers didn't have the opportunity to sound incredibly smug about his mastermind tactics, when in reality we all know you could drag any daftie off the street and he would guide Celtic to the title with the resources and squad they have.

I don't even dislike the guy, but some of his self-love is Owen Coyle-ish in his analysis of another routine victory.  My personal favourite though was his patting himself on the back in the interview before the game at the Nou Camp for coming up with the ingenious 5 at the back, which no other team had ever thought of.

A midfield of Chris Millar and Murray Davidson at its heart is one of the most underrated in Scottish European World football, and one not to be taken lightly.  

We were very positive in the recent game at Celtic, with 2 upfront, and I wonder if Tommy will fancy going for it here, as we really have nothing to lose with the gap we've opened up over 6th place. Swanson is in danger of being dropped, but Alston and Spoony are fine replacements.  Steven Maclean was great against Thistle, and whilst he doesn't do as well at closing down as Kane, he is brilliant and holding the ball up and getting us higher up the park.

Zander Clark to play a stormer and cement his big money move before Saints batter Celtic into submission. 3-1 to Saints as the Perth juggernaut rolls over all who stand in our way.

My favourite underdogs will always be Partick Thistle, just not this weekend. Sorry Thistle fans! However I used to love going to games at Firhill, 20 mins from the house and friendly to everyone. I never worried nor had to skulk into the ground before the singing started. 

FTFY

I don't actually fear Celtic, both times we've played this season it's been purely a poor spell during the match that's cost us

Hopefully the McDiarmid carpet will be conducive to the free flowing football we like to play.

Coupled with going up against the only decent team from Glasgow, Saints should be able to show the world what real football is.

And shitfest another 1-0 hopefully.

I have no doubt that Saints will be victorious on Sunday. We fear NO ONE and  I would not be surprised in the slightest to see us take the lead in the 1st half and spend the entire second half with the ball  down by the corner flag.  The NBD's will finish with 8 men as a stream of them  come flying in ( Spanish Styleee) and take out the skilful Saints player  protecting the ball.   Broons going Doon 1st...

1-0 to Saints.

FTOF

Archived