Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle nil

No bad thing that we have a game hot on the heels of last night's defeat.

The bad thing is its at Pittodrie somewhere we rarely pick up even a point.

Defensively we're actually doing okay but we're not creating many clear cut chances and converting even fewer of these when they do arrive.

Aberdeen will expect a routine home win, I'll be happy with an utterly shite 0-0 draw.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Expecting a classic game from two teams who play "the beautiful game" the way it's meant to be played.

Did someone say something nasty about st Johnstones style of football on another thread I take it?

Look forward to Saturday, partick generally give us a very good game. 3 points important for us to get back on track after last night.

Same starting line up as last night again for me.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Did someone say something nasty about st Johnstones style of football on another thread I take it?

And they're not annoyed about it at all...

Looking forward to this purely for the post match Derek McInnes interview, so he can get angry, even when he wins. 

Since we can't score reckon at least 2-0 Aberdeen. 

No. But twitter was full of Thistle fans calling us an anti-football side who are a disgrace to football. Rung a bell for some reason...

You'd have think St Johnstone lost last night, the way some of their fans are acting here.

Our visits to Pittodrie generally see us sit with me behind the ball and trying to hit on the counter, and this will almost certainly be another one of those. Could see 5-3-2/defensive 3-5-2 for this, with Devine back in for Keown, Dumbuya in for the suspended Elliott and Osman back in the lineup, probably at the expense of Lawless.

----------------- Cerny

----- Devine - Barton - Lindsay

Dumbuya -------------------- Booth

----- Welsh - Osman - Edwards

--------- Erskine

------------------- Doolan

Nothing to help you get over an uninspiring defeat like the prospect of another uninspiring defeat.

Obvious fact is obvious but we need to start taking chances, but difficult to see who will, as Doolan has been desperately poor in the games since the break and Azeez is, well, Azeez. Hopefully Dumbuya coming back will make a difference though we’ll have far less of the ball in the opposition half on Saturday compared to last night.

Think the team will be 3-5-2 but change Devine for Keown from Nightmare’s team above.

42 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Think the team will be 3-5-2 but change Devine for Keown from Nightmare’s team above.

I thought Keown was a bit shaky last night, which is why I think Archie might decide to go with the more experienced Devine considering Pittodrie is one of the tougher fixtures in the league.

Wouldn't mind if Keown did keep his place, mind, as Devine is hardly the pinnacle of reliability.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No. But twitter was full of Thistle fans calling us an anti-football side who are a disgrace to football. Rung a bell for some reason...

Instead of getting your knickers in a twist about somebody else's opinion, just look at the league table and cheer yourself up FFS.

As for this game, I'd hope to bounce back from another pish performance with a win and some goals. That's all.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

You'd have think St Johnstone lost last night, the way some of their fans are acting here.

Our visits to Pittodrie generally see us sit with me behind the ball and trying to hit on the counter, and this will almost certainly be another one of those. Could see 5-3-2/defensive 3-5-2 for this, with Devine back in for Keown, Dumbuya in for the suspended Elliott and Osman back in the lineup, probably at the expense of Lawless.

----------------- Cerny

----- Devine - Barton - Lindsay

Dumbuya -------------------- Booth

----- Welsh - Osman - Edwards

--------- Erskine

------------------- Doolan

I'd probably play this team or have Keown in. Thought he was fine yesterday evening.

We will lose this game 2-0.

Archived