Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle nil

My preferred team would likely be: Lewis; Logan, O'Connor, Reynolds, Considine; Jack, Shinnie; McGinn, McLean, Hayes; Rooney. O'Connor in for Taylor being the only change from the Celtic game. I believe that is probably our strongest XI at the moment. Christie's arrival might alter that in the coming weeks and months, though. I suspect we will see him from the bench tomorrow. 

I have been happy to see Storey getting some minutes against Dundee and Celtic, albeit fairly limited, so hopefully he will also be involved at some stage.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After the decent performance on Wednesday night, I'm hopeful going into this weekend's match.

Thistle have been a bogey team in the past at Pittodrie and have shitfested two 0-0s in the last 3 seasons.

In terms of team, Taylor wasn't the best second half on Wednesday so I'd be tempted to put O'Connor back in. Bar that, no changes to the team for me, Christie will need to wait for his opportunity.

Predict a narrow 2-1 win for the Famous - Rooney and Hayes with Erskine on target for Thistle.

Nae being funny but have you ever laid money on your scorer predictions?
If you have I'll chuck a quid in your hat as I'm walking along Union Street

We played 3-5-2 last time we played Aberdeen, and did very well up until we equalized and appeared to change it for some unknown reason. This time round we don't have a fat goalkeeper liable to get chipped from 20 yards out, and are currently on a decent run with regards to our goals against record at least (indeed we've only been properly pumped once this season). I'd always fancy a team like this to compete well for a result

Cerny

Keown, Barton, Lindsay

Elliott                                        Booth

Welsh, Osman, Edwards

Doolan, Azeez

Dumbuya obviously walks into the team if he's even 80% fit, but the appeal against Elliott's red card was clearly only made to buy him more time and ease him gradually back into the team.

D31E745A-27EB-4B4A-9178-C080ADBAF593-334-000000B7D0E83341_tmp.thumb.png.9ed6dfdb70913dd4856c49550895c3c2.png

Biggies owl didn't have much impact against Aberdeen's Hawks. I have every faith that The Thistle Doo shall prove a far better omen. 

Ironically Fly by Night by Rush just came on Planet Rock there, which has an Owl on the album cover.

I have no idea what all this means, tbh.

Biggies owl didn't have much impact against Aberdeen's Hawks. I have every faith that The Thistle Doo shall prove a far better omen. 
Ironically Fly by Night by Rush just came on Planet Rock there, which has an Owl on the album cover.
I have no idea what all this means, tbh.

Are you okay?

Only heading up to this because I've never been to Pittodrie before. Routine 2-0 Dons win. Dumbuya to make a cameo. I'll have a nice wee nap on the Megabus back home. Everyone's a winner.

If it's your first trip to Pittodrie, I apologise in advance. Ancient run down facilities, uncomfortable seats, with a shite view. Horrible weather and the stewards are cunts. The Dons will win what will be a poor game.

Enjoy your day, yous are very welcome in our city.

Watched extended highlights of thistle v fermers on gurgly tv last night.

We have no cause to worry about them.

I'm more worried that McInnes will try to be clever and change things: Rooney on the wing or a back three or the likes. Same 11 please.

My preferred team would likely be: Lewis; Logan, O'Connor, Reynolds, Considine; Jack, Shinnie; McGinn, McLean, Hayes; Rooney. O'Connor in for Taylor being the only change from the Celtic game. I believe that is probably our strongest XI at the moment. Christie's arrival might alter that in the coming weeks and months, though. I suspect we will see him from the bench tomorrow. 

I have been happy to see Storey getting some minutes against Dundee and Celtic, albeit fairly limited, so hopefully he will also be involved at some stage.

I would keep Taylor in with Reynolds. Despite the mistakes in his game I think he and Reynolds have the best understanding with one another and our defensive record has improved in recent weeks.

With the heavy February schedule I wonder how long it will be before the tombola comes out again.

Watched extended highlights of thistle v fermers on gurgly tv last night.
We have no cause to worry about them.
I'm more worried that McInnes will try to be clever and change things: Rooney on the wing or a back three or the likes. Same 11 please.

So glad you feel that way. [emoji2]

Interesting lineup.

Dumbuya in at RB, Elliott to LB with Booth dropping out, and Osman in for Welsh. With Amoo and Lawless starting again, though, it looks like 4-2-3-1 and more attacking than expected. Suppose Edwards will sit deeper, making it more of a 4-3-2-1.

3 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Same team again. Feel quietly confident of a few goals today. I doubt it will be as easy as Dundee but we will see.

It will be :(

Archived