Download 2017

Ira Gaines

Now that things appear to be getting fleshed out a bit, this is starting to look not bad. Plenty of spots open but this is what we have so far.

FRIDAY 9th JUNE

Main Stage: System of a Down, Prophets of Rage, Five Finger Death Punch, Mastodon, Sabaton, Motionless in White, Northlane

Zippo Stage: Sum 41, Good Charlotte, Baroness, Suicidal Tendencies, Wakrat

Avalanche Stage: Sleeping With Sirens, State Champs, Four Year Strong, Issues, The Devil Wears Prada, Astroid Boys, M O S E S

The Dogtooth Stage: Exodus, The Contortionist, Lost Society, Venom Prison, God Damn, Holding Absence, She Must Burn

SATURDAY 10th JUNE

Main Stage: Biffy Clyro, A Day to Remember, AFI, Pierce the Veil, Of Mice and Men, Creeper, Hacktivist

Zippo Stage: Rob Zombie, Coheed and Cambria, Kvelertak, Alestorm

Avalanche Stage: Simple Plan, The Story So Far, Every Time I Die, Crown the Empire, Knuckle Puck, As It Is, The One Hundred, Trash Boat, Greywind, Normandie

The Dogtooth Stage: Wednesday 13, The Lounge Kittens, Red Sun Rising, I the Mighty, Casey, The Lafontaines, Idles, Junior, Dead Label

SUNDAY 11th JUNE

Main Stage: Aerosmith, Alter Bridge, Steel Panther, Airbourne, In Flames, The Cadillac Three, Fozzy

Zippo Stage: Slayer, Opeth, Clutch, Ministry, Anathema, DevilDriver, Red Fang, The Dead Daisies

Avalanche Stage: The Dillinger Escape Plan, Moose Blood, Basement, The King Blues, Touche Amore, Dinosaur Pile-Up, Dead!, Blood Youth, Grove Street Families, Wallflower

The Dogtooth Stage: Headliner TBA, Like a Storm, Aaron Buchanan and the Cult Classics, Devilskin, Fizzy Blood, The Charm the Fury, Stone Broken, Brutai

Looks like there's someone to go under Rob Zombie on the Saturday Zippo and the Saturday and Sunday main stage is usually a wee bit more busy than that so lots to be added there. Plus, obviously lots of second stage stuff to get added.

There’s probably more bands in this year’s line-up that I would happily watch than any other year I’ve been, but none that I would get properly excited about seeing. Still swaying about whether to go or not and will probably make the decision closer to the festival.

• 3 weeks later...

I've only been to one download (2 years ago) and outside a couple of outstanding bands it was really underwhelming. Going back this year though, there's some serious depth to that lineup. Moose Blood and Creeper are two I'm particularly excited about that I haven't managed to see live yet. 

As an aside, the lineup for Paris download is fucking unbelievable and for some reason my mates are not in the least bit interested in heading a bit further afield. Raging. 

• 3 months later...

The Saturday is by a mile the weakest day for my tastes: happily they've confirmed that they'll be showing Scotland v England in the cinema in the village, which fills out a couple of hours quite nicely.

Yeah, I was happy with that realisation for about 30 minutes, which included the time I made that post, until I considered that I'll feel compelled to go and watch it and it will definitely be shite.

Stage times to be released on Monday, according to Copping.

Archived