Elimination Chamber 2017

JamieStevenson

Show was a bit meh overall.  Nothing really bad, but nothing brilliant overall (apart from the main event).  Raging that Naomi won as I changed my pick in the predictions after being convinced that Bliss would win.  Other matches were not bad.  Feel really sorry for the Ascension to be honest.  They really could be something, but there's not many ways they could have buried them worse than they did there.  Shame.

Main event was brilliant.  Best Elimination Chamber match I've seen.  The changes to the chamber itself really worked - a lot more space to get spots in.  Everyone in the match comes out looking brilliant.  They set up at least one match at WM in Corbin vs Ambrose (remember setting up stories with multi-man matches?).  The only weak point was how predictable the ending was.  Had they managed to keep Wyatt winning more of a secret, it would have been much better.  But with Orton winning the Rumble, it was always pretty obvious.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree that Wyatt winning was predictable, but sometimes predictable is best. No point in tossing curve balls just for the sake of it when a potentially good story could be told with one guy as champion. 

15 hours ago, TheGoon said:

He's a talented guy, he just has no gimmick. He's literally "happy to be here man" and nothing else. 

The 'smiling babyface' gimmick has never worked. It didn't work for The Rock in 1996 and didn't work for John Cena in 2002. Quite why they imagine it'll ever work is a mystery.

5 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

If this is at Naomi winning, I couldn't agree more. There's just something about her that I really don't like.

I think its that she's fucking shit and her gimmick is cheesy nonsense. She belongs in the crap era of the 'Divas' and not the newer and far superior women's division of today.

Anyway, just watched the event. Pretty decent and pretty enjoyable. Kalisto can fuck right off. Shite wee cunt with a pish gimmick. His selling was rubbish and then he made a sudden and miraculous recovery, totally ignoring the injury that had him hobbling and hunched over in pain just seconds earlier.

The Vaudevillians got buried so hard that they might as well just quit. The Ascension faired a bit better, but not much. They're fucked as well.

I don't think Lynch and James clicked. Clearly both are very talented and have shown many times before how good they are, but they just seemed too clunky and awkward together.

Chamber was delightful. Miz was brilliant ripping Bryan. Shame he got eliminated so easily. Cena's '10 Knuckle Shuffle' was amusing for just how shit it looked. Corbin and Ambrose could be feuding over the IC title now. Could we get them at Mania for the belt instead of a ladder match? Delightful seeing Bray finally win the big one. Hopefully they treat him well and finally put him over. AJ was his usual brilliant self but hard to see where he goes now.

Smackdowns tag team division is boring as hell. There isn't one team in there that makes me want to watch a tag match. The vaudevillians and the ascension never grabbed me as gimmicks to begin with and the usos were shoved down our throats for so long I lost interest.

Loved the chamber match and happy to see Wyatt get a moment in the sun. Would be lovely to see a strong champ run past mania as well. Wyatt as a defending champ against AJ is something I'd love to see.

In fairness, AJ versus anybody would sound appealing. The guy is just superb.

Aye AJ just knocks out brilliant matches with anyone and everyone. Top boy. Absolutely in love with Miz's pisstake of Bryan again. The crowd were right into it as well. Corbin came out looking dominant as well. His finisher's great stuff.

In the last few months Bray Wyatt has cleanly pinned John Cena, AJ Styles, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. He has been a tag team champion, sole survivor, royal rumble final 3 and now WWE Champion going into Mania. 

For all he had been wasted previously - he has been given quite a subtle mega push in last 6 months. They are clearly very hot on him...

Archived