Cow-down-beath  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

Almost two thirds of punters delivering the hammerblow of a #DOON verdict for Cowdenbeath.

Sare yin.

8675a2d2d80d05763b34667166730432.png

Did you not have any real shades to wear when taking your selfie?

Never mind, next season you will be playing the big team from Cumbernauld.

It won't be cowden. They've added well over the last couple of weeks so can't see them being bottom at the end - there's 15 games or so left.

The chat on here from most seems to me to sound like the season ends on a fortnight- as if a three point gap is impossible to bridge in such a short space of time.

Imo everyone from Annan down could still finish bottom.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/02/2017 at 16:39, wullie robb said:

Sorry guys but I've witnessed it first hand, just walk about some of the pro youth set ups and it's flooded with foreign trialists mostly poor, and hundreds of Scottish youngsters pack in every year disillusioned with football nowadays. 

Did you vote for Brexit by any chance, you slavering mess?

Points gained in 2017:

Cowdenbeath: 0

Stirling: 6

Edinburgh: 2

Berwick: 10

Clyde: 1

Montrose: 10

Lowland league slowly becoming a reality for Cowden.

I'm not sure going down is a good thing for any SFL2 club; you have to win your own league (be it Highland or Lowland), beat the champion of the other league, and then beat the last placed team from League 2 over two legs. We've seen Shire struggle to keep up with East Kilbride this season, and I fear we may not see them promoted for quite some time. Couple that with lower revenue and lessened interest compared to playing in League 2, and you've got a right problem on your hands as a club.

Cowden is in the unique position where they have already suffered two relegations in a row. The cuts that have to be made if they make it three in a row, dropping from the second tier to the friggin' non-league, would cripple the club from within, and with less punters through the gate they'd lose external support (merchandise, sponsors, etc.) as well.

Best thing for Cowden right now would be to remain in L2; be it via an unlikely 9th place or somehow surviving EK in the play-off (I'm not a betting man, but I would put good money on the peanut butter/jam sandwiches winning that matchup comfortably). Consolidate their new reality of being L2 whipping boys, and rebuild from there.

I'm not sure going down is a good thing for any SFL2 club; you have to win your own league (be it Highland or Lowland), beat the champion of the other league, and then beat the last placed team from League 2 over two legs. We've seen Shire struggle to keep up with East Kilbride this season, and I fear we may not see them promoted for quite some time. Couple that with lower revenue and lessened interest compared to playing in League 2, and you've got a right problem on your hands as a club.
Cowden is in the unique position where they have already suffered two relegations in a row. The cuts that have to be made if they make it three in a row, dropping from the second tier to the friggin' non-league, would cripple the club from within, and with less punters through the gate they'd lose external support (merchandise, sponsors, etc.) as well.
Best thing for Cowden right now would be to remain in L2; be it via an unlikely 9th place or somehow surviving EK in the play-off (I'm not a betting man, but I would put good money on the peanut butter/jam sandwiches winning that matchup comfortably). Consolidate their new reality of being L2 whipping boys, and rebuild from there.

^complete word salad.

Get Cowden down.

2 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Agreed.  The thing is one win and the world is a rosier place.  Knowing our luck we'll lose 5-0 tomorrow and be cut adrift even more.

Archived