Cow-down-beath  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

It's all well and good laughing at Berwick, Clyde, Cowdenbeath, and Stirling, but will the possible winners of the Highland-Lowland play-off be anywhere near strong enough to oust a League 2 club over two matches? Buckie Thistle, Spartans, East Kilbride, and such don't exactly strike fear into the hearts of punters, and Edinburgh City really only managed to get promoted due to the lucky timing of the penalty they got against East Stirlingshire.

I may point out that Shire didn't exactly manage to beat us over two legs. Who knows, we might have got a winner in extra time or actually fucking fluked a penalty shoot-out win for once... 

It's like saying Edinburgh City really only managed to stick three goals past Berwick recently at Shielfield because Berwick were shite. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched Cove many a time this season and they are a poor side. We would turn them over comfortably. EK are a different proposition as the Scottish Cup showed. The money has dried up at a lot of HL clubs with the downturn in oil price.

If it's East Kilbride in the final, I hope they get beat. Shit ground, be a shit day out I'd imagine and they would be decent imo. If Buckie get to the final I hope they win, would be a good away I reckon.

As things stand it's a shit day out. They're looking for planning permission to move away from K park to a better location. I think they'll come up this year but if I was in the SPFL it's Spartans that are the worry.
When their time comes they will relegate 10th.

As things stand it's a shit day out. They're looking for planning permission to move away from K park to a better location. I think they'll come up this year but if I was in the SPFL it's Spartans that are the worry.
When their time comes they will relegate 10th.

But when does that time come? Can't understand the logic in worrying about the teams that are off the pace and can't win the league as the threat ( in the case of Spartans). If someone gets relegated this year, they'll most likely be into the LL- which gives Spartans another rival for promotion ( especially if EK aren't the ones to go up and the HL reps are)

But when does that time come? Can't understand the logic in worrying about the teams that are off the pace and can't win the league as the threat ( in the case of Spartans). If someone gets relegated this year, they'll most likely be into the LL- which gives Spartans another rival for promotion ( especially if EK aren't the ones to go up and the HL reps are)

I know, from what I've seen they are the best team in our league, their results in the bigger games can prove that.

EK are having a fantastic season and I'm 90% certain they'll go up. In games between LL clubs and SPFL 2 teams there havent been much in it.

Hawick sit near the foot of our table and they beat Berwick. EK also beat Cowden with 10 men. We've played Annan twice and they scored a last minute winner, Montrose beat us because we went down to 10.

The gap isn't as big as people think it is.

I know, from what I've seen they are the best team in our league, their results in the bigger games can prove that.

EK are having a fantastic season and I'm 90% certain they'll go up. In games between LL clubs and SPFL 2 teams there havent been much in it.

Hawick sit near the foot of our table and they beat Berwick. EK also beat Cowden with 10 men. We've played Annan twice and they scored a last minute winner, Montrose beat us because we went down to 10.

The gap isn't as big as people think it is.

Over the course of the season it is

Look at how well Shire are doing ffs. How many goals have they scored now?

On 01/02/2017 at 09:04, DutchBorderer said:

I really feel bad for Cowdenbeath, had some decent kits in recent years and definitely don't deserve three back-to-back relegations. Surely they got enough to them to fend off whoever will end up being their opponent in the play-off?

:lol::lol::lol:

On 01/02/2017 at 09:53, wullie robb said:

My point is Dutch, these guys are a bit like the French boys that come over looking to play but 99% of them are brutal, meanwhile Scottish player's don't get a look in. 

Aye, barely any Scottish lads getting a game at the minute right enough. Tube.

23 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

But you are the poorest team, by some way,

You seem awfy worried.

On 01/02/2017 at 12:47, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Worry about your own team. Cowden are poor but Stirling are the worst I've seen this season.

Wishing Cowden go down again won't make it happen

You seem awfy worried..

^
Awfy worried

Over the course of the season it is

Look at how well Shire are doing ffs. How many goals have they scored now?

We're actually having a decent season to be fair. Both ourselves and Spartans would be on track to win the league if it wasnt for the spectacular season EK are having.

We've been beaten 4 times each, and with only 8 games to go that's usually enough to win most league titles. The last 3 seasons there has been 1 team that's stomped it and we've just blown a few games that we shouldnt have.

We've scored 79 goals but dont worry about us coming back up, every big game we need to win we get beat!

We're actually having a decent season to be fair. Both ourselves and Spartans would be on track to win the league if it wasnt for the spectacular season EK are having.

We've been beaten 4 times each, and with only 8 games to go that's usually enough to win most league titles. The last 3 seasons there has been 1 team that's stomped it and we've just blown a few games that we shouldnt have.

We've scored 79 goals but dont worry about us coming back up, every big game we need to win we get beat!

Last 2 seasons in League 2 you scored 81 in 72 games!

Some Berwick fans getting awfy Dutchie, sorry, Touchy. 

Sorry guys but I've witnessed it first hand, just walk about some of the pro youth set ups and it's flooded with foreign trialists mostly poor, and hundreds of Scottish youngsters pack in every year disillusioned with football nowadays. 

But never mind you should change your name to Berwick the Beatable, After all that's what happens most weeks anyway. 

39 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Sorry guys but I've witnessed it first hand, just walk about some of the pro youth set ups and it's flooded with foreign trialists mostly poor, and hundreds of Scottish youngsters pack in every year disillusioned with football nowadays. 

But never mind you should change your name to Berwick the Beatable, After all that's what happens most weeks anyway. 

@the_bully_wee

What a load of shite.

4 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

Are you on to your second box of Kleenex yet ?

In a rare charitable gesture, I have had all of my boxes of tissues sent to Cowdenbeath so that the few dozen people who would actually care about the club's relegation may wipe away their tears and snotters once it's confirmed.

8675a2d2d80d05763b34667166730432.png

Archived