Division 2 club in the quarters of the Scottish

Gartcairn Army

There's probably been dozens of second division teams in the quarter finals of the Scottish cup and I wouldnt  think its anything new to be honest . 

Dalry several years ago got to the semi final and lost out narrowly against Musselburgh and there will be lots of second tier teams who've went on excellent cup runs.

There's probably been dozens of second division teams in the quarter finals of the Scottish cup and I wouldnt  think its anything new to be honest . 
Dalry several years ago got to the semi final and lost out narrowly against Musselburgh and there will be lots of second tier teams who've went on excellent cup runs.

Dalry are technically a third tier team while Gartcairn and Carluke are 4th tier. I get your point though.

22 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Gartcairn v Carluke will be a great game and one all of Airdrie will be looking forward to. Personally wanted a big club to host in Airdrie but really just glad to be involved at this stage.

has there ever been a 2nd division team in the quarter finals of the cup?

Does all of Airdrie look forward to anything other than death freeing them from having to live in Airdrie? 

Your estimation of the local interest in this game might be overstated but I admire your optimism.

5 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

that Dalry run was a belter, remember it well. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

that Dalry run was a belter, remember it well. 

Yeah it was amazing and i think they beat rob roy in the quarter final if not just before that , merksworth park was mobbed for the second leg game against Musselburgh and they got beaten very marginally and I'm sure they missed a crucial penalty kick to bring it back to all square late on , it just shows that it can happen easily and you wonder how they would have fared against Talbot in the final as opposed to Musselburgh having their day, would Dalry have been cannon fodder against the best team in Scottish cup  history or would they have Made a fist of it? We will never know but what a run they had that year. 

• 2 weeks later...

we have still had to get past 2 teams that were favourites to beat us. Whitburn and Hermes are both big clubs and I'm delighted to get to where we are. 

After losing 3 v 2 to Carluke last week and seeing Chucky in action I know we are probably again not going to be favourites 

Archived