Alloa v Livi

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought draw was probably fair but couldn't complain if we got beat given the chances Livi missed.

Was a bit surprised when I seen the team but could see why he went with Mackin with Livi playing 4 big centre backs as their back 4, although I thought we often just punted long balls upto him at times and although he won his fair share of headers there was no one there to pick up anything he won. He looks okay though and offers us something different which a lot of folk were calling for. Took his goal really well.

Thought our best spell of the 2nd half was before our subs. Livi made one right at the back of it then had a player injured and it seemed to knock the stuffing out of us a bit and thought livi would see the game out

Disappointed to drop 2 points . Chance missed to make up ground . We did enough for all 3 points
Losing bad goals again it must stop 

Were you even at the game?
A draw was a fair result but if anyone should have come away from that with a win it was Livi.
Danny Mullen should have had a hat trick in the first half. And Josh Mullin should have put us 3-2 up with 3 mins left to go.
You should be looking at it as a point gained rather than 2 points dropped.
Seriously dude, I know you're a shitposter on here, but stop being so deluded.

I felt 2-2 was about right tbh, was more impressed with Alloa this time around, much more threatening going forward than previous games but still very slack defensively. 

Having said all that we had plenty of chances to put the game to bed but failed to take them, Danny Mullen alone had 3 before he scored the hardest of them all, for 25 minutes in the second half we controlled the play and could've scored more than the 1 we did. 

Thought we had it right at the end when the defender brilliantly cleared off the line, he done everything right but it was an exceptional clearance, although why he didn't square it to Toderov for a tap in was beyond me.

Anyway despite having the best chances I still felt over the piece there wasn't much between the sides, before the game I'd have been happy with a point and that's what we got, still well in the driving seat. 

1 hour ago, Wasps1 said:

Disappointed to drop 2 points . Chance missed to make up ground . We did enough for all 3 points

Losing bad goals again it must stop 

Absolute rubbish, if anyone dropped 2 points it was us, but you're entitled to your opinion. 

Funny really that the draw is a better result for us than it is for Alloa with them really needing the 3 points to close the gap on us but it feels more like a defeat with us chucking the points away so late in the game, and then Mullin with a great chance to snatch them back again if he'd squared the ball to Todorov, who was standing unmarked for a tap in. Said before the game a draw wouldn't be a bad result for us but it feels a bit gutting when we came close to getting the win.

Thought Todorov looked a good target man when he came on and was beginning to form a good understanding with Buchanan, with them playing 1-2's to each other, think it was a mistake subbing Buch's though and leaving Todorov up on his tod with nobody playing off him, he was having to hold up play and then play the ball back to one of our players instead of knocking it on to Buchanan. Would like to see both of them starting our next game. That's 5 goals in 5 league games for Buchanan now, 17 league goals for the season, fecking goal machine.

Kelly is starting to give me the fear when he keeps making mistakes like this, seen him doing a couple of those against East Fife, don't want to see him making a habit of them. Also getting right on my tits that Longridge isn't getting a game, him and Cadden would've ripped Alloa to bits down the wing but Cadden was having to do it all himself, nae chance Lithgow will run up the wing for overlaps with Cadden.

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

1-0 Alloa and another mistake by Kelly?

Sure was, a weak effort from distance hit straight at him and he virtually chucked it into his own net. Though Danny missed a couple of 1 on 1's and should've had us ahead, then scores a lovely headed goal that was harder than his other two chances.

Just now, andylivi1 said:

I felt 2-2 was about right tbh, was more impressed with Alloa this time around, much more threatening going forward than previous games but still very slack defensively. 

Having said all that we had plenty of chances to put the game to bed but failed to take them, Danny Mullen alone had 3 before he scored the hardest of them all, for 25 minutes in the second half we controlled the play and could've scored more than the 1 we did. 

Thought we had it right at the end when the defender brilliantly cleared off the line, he done everything right but it was an exceptional clearance, although why he didn't square it to Toderov for a tap in was beyond me.

Anyway despite having the best chances I still felt over the piece there wasn't much between the sides, before the game I'd have been happy with a point and that's what we got, still well in the driving seat. 

I thought the opposite, thought that was the worst I've seen Alloa play against us, they had a wee spell where they played some nice stuff but mostly it was punts up the pitch today, and a bit hit and hope for their balls up to their striker. We weren't as clinical as we have been against them though or it would've been a comfortable win for us.

Wasn't at the game today so I'm going to hold comment for the most part. I can understand why Spence was dropped for Mackin. Been off the boil a bit & was in Leeds on Thursday night, so presuming he missed training. Dylan seemed a physical presence against Rovers as well.

Strange to see Flannigan, Marr & Robertson consistently find themselves on the bench recently too. 3 of our best players IMO.

Title race is over after today, if it wasn't over already. Got to start putting distance from teams like East Fife/Queens Park now and really cement a play off space. Game at Hampden must win.

Dont think it was as one sided as some are making out, think thats the worst i've seen you playing this season, you are by a country mile the best in the league but didnt think it showed, first draw this season i'm led to believe.

League is well out of our reach now and has been for a number of weeks, would think airdrie cant catch you either.

On to the game, great spectacle for the neutral, felt we controlled it up to the goal and if we hadnt built on the goal then there was only going to be one outcome, i was very suprised we got the goal to get back into it going by previous games.

Delighted for big mackin getting his goal, the 3 that arent in the team for obvious reasons going by today's performances for me.

Delighted for big mackin getting his goal, the 3 that arent in the team for obvious reasons going by today's performances for me.

Jason Marr starts every week for me.

Was there,thought we were good value for the win but with only one goal in it your always vulnerable to lose one late on and thats what happened. Josh did well in injury time,rounding the keeper and getting his shot on target only to see it cleared off the line,if only he had lifted his head and seen big Todorov who was available for a tap in.

All in all though reasonably pleased,a draw at Alloa is a good result and keeps us well in front of the pack :)

Strange after the game both managers have different views 

Hoppy - Two points dropped we dominated the game for long spells alloa should have been out of sight 

Goody - Very disappointed we didn't win the game we had chances to take all three points . My guys completed well with the pyisical threat of livi . But in the end it wasn't to be . Calum. Waters makes a great clearance at the end. Am proud of the boys again we never gave.in 

7 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Although completely understand the manager trying to integrate the new guys in as quickly as possible, at the moment I'm just not seeing how leaving these guys out is improving us. 

Mackin, to give him his absolute due- a young lad, first start and up against some decent opposition defenders. He hadn't really made any impact at all until his goal. Had I been looking to change Spence (I wouldn't) then I would have started Longworth. The goal came with all 3 on the pitch.

McKeown- again to be fair, hasn't played much in recent times- decent enough but has his odd ropey moment. Noticeable that Andy Graham doesn't look nearly as comfortable alongside him compared to Marr. Understand though that not having the first choice keeper behind them in the last couple of games might have been a factor. Absolutely don't think anyone should be guaranteed their game, but I'm not seeing anything to suggest we are stronger without Marr, Flannigan, Spence starting.

I thought we showed good spirit again, played well at times against an accomplished Livi side. Good spell of play towards the end which reaped the rewards. Callum Waters back to his best yesterday.

Archived