Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

Dreghorn

Anything can happen in the Cup. We've all seen it before. The Juniors tends to throw up a cup upset more often than the seniors. That's why it's the one we all love to see our team to play in!! 
11 v 11 and the ball is round!!!
Theres no doubt about it tho, Lithgae will be massive faves, and probably fill the vast majority of Lochburn Park too! Be a tough ask of Hill! Might even take a wee trip down to this one if we're unfortunate enough to not make it thru to next round.
Hopefully I won't have to though obviously lol!!!
And there was no disrespect towards Maryhill at all. Great wee club full of tradition!!

Yep time will tell, few cup upsets in the FA cup at the weekend so anything on the day can happen.

Here's hoping they bring a good following It'll make for a great atmosphere /occasion.

They'll be given a warm welcome to our wee club as I'm sure will you if you fail to go through on Saturday and take a trip down to Lochburn.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

My man in the east whose seen Kelty a few times tells me that he has been more impressed by Bonnyrigg.
Time will tell.
Good luck to Kelty.

Time will tell?? 

But as a Kilsyth fan who has just witnessed Bonnyrigg at our patch and will do again this coming Saturday against them thru there, I can assure u they are by no means the best team I have seen. 

Bonnyrigg at the moment are a huge lump of a team. Massive in physique and height! Yeah, they do knock it about a good bit too, and try to be tidy, but they're not as good as many teams in the West IMO.

I'm sorry but Kelty a class above at the moment from what I've seen. Great to watch, lightning on the break, always pressing the other team quickly, one / two touch passing max, and scoring goals for fun. The stats don't lie.

I think in all accounts they're the club that has developed in all departments recently, which I for one admire. A very similar setup to the Talbot in some ways. However, they just seem to have that something in the air up there at the moment. The ground is fantastic. As good a ground you'll see anywhere in Junior Football. A Club community development ethos in place for youth teams etc, S.F.A quality mark recognition, a clear link with Dunfermline Athletic FC and a first team that would easily compete at senior level.  

I think a few more clubs in the juniors will follow the Kelty model. And it can only be good for the game. 

I Would however love to see Kelty v Talbot. 

Tie of the season easily if it comes about. I for one would be there to see it as an all round Junior fan.

14 minutes ago, Budandavodka said:

Yep time will tell, few cup upsets in the FA cup at the weekend so anything on the day can happen.

Here's hoping they bring a good following It'll make for a great atmosphere /occasion.

They'll be given a warm welcome to our wee club as I'm sure will you if you fail to go through on Saturday and take a trip down to Lochburn.

I'm sure they will mate. Always travel in big numbers wherever they go. Plus, It's the Scots Cup, and now their main chance of success this season by looks of things this year, as the league is out their reach!

Glasgow and Maryhill is a decent away trip for most teams, never mind one from the east. They'll make a day of it. Plenty bars, places to go before and after the match and a good social club at the ground too!

I'm sure they will mate. Always travel in big numbers wherever they go. Plus, It's the Scots Cup, and now their main chance of success this season by looks of things this year, as the league is out their reach!
Glasgow and Maryhill is a decent away trip for most teams, never mind one from the east. They'll make a day of it. Plenty bars, places to go before and after the match and a good social club at the ground too!

Defo, Social Club will be well stocked awaiting their arrival. [emoji482][emoji106]

1 hour ago, elton said:

Latest odds from McBookie

JUNIOR CUP
2/1 Auchinleck
4/1 Kelty Hearts
13/2 Glenafton
8/1 Bonnyrigg
11/1 Rob Roy
11/1 Penicuick
12/1 Linlithgow
20/1 Sauchie
25/1 Kilwinning
25/1 Renfrew
25/1 Petershill
33/1 Musselburgh
50/1 Kilsyth
66/1 Gartcairn
66/1 Carluke
100/1 Dunbar
150/1 Maryhill
200/1 Luncarty
Each way 1/2 odds 1-2

What odds are likely to be offered for Kilwinning to beat Kelty ?

Defo, Social Club will be well stocked awaiting their arrival. [emoji482][emoji106]

I was in the social club last time, and was well impressed. Do you still have the banks of coloured seats behind the goal ? Quite unusual these were for the juniors.

2 minutes ago, Budandavodka said:

Defo, Social Club will be well stocked awaiting their arrival. emoji482.pngemoji106.png

Brilliant!! We're the same at Kilsyth. Always respect the supporters who make a real day of it and make the most of the club house and host facilities!!

hopefully you's can make a few quid out it too

2 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Aye time will tell.
I like Keltys ground and they sound like they play similar to Talbot.
They will not find it easy against Kilwinning though.
Good luck to them as they are obviously a very well run community club.emoji106.png

Good shout!

Kilwinning will be right up for it, and imagining they'll take a fair backing up there for the tie! Kelty better be ready for the Bucky boys lol 

Brilliant!! We're the same at Kilsyth. Always respect the supporters who make a real day of it and make the most of the club house and host facilities!!
hopefully you's can make a few quid out it too

Here's hoping, that and getting through would be great! [emoji6][emoji106]

A happen to think Maryhill have a fighting chance of turning lithgae over , especially at lochburn , much improved from start of the season , an rightly deserved there 1-1 draw at kilsyth a few weeks back , did well to get a draw up at Fauldhouse an then beat them at home , and by all accounts going by some of the lithgae lads comments on here there a bit up an down an not the team they were !

A happen to think Maryhill have a fighting chance of turning lithgae over , especially at lochburn , much improved from start of the season , an rightly deserved there 1-1 draw at kilsyth a few weeks back , did well to get a draw up at Fauldhouse an then beat them at home , and by all accounts going by some of the lithgae lads comments on here there a bit up an down an not the team they were !

Yep, huge difference from when we played them between August and December, most noticeably in their fighting spirit. Tight park at Lochburn might not suit Lithgae either.

Yep, huge difference from when we played them between August and December, most noticeably in their fighting spirit. Tight park at Lochburn might not suit Lithgae either.

True peasy they dug in well that day against us in the 1_1 draw , we had beaten them pretty comfortably 5-2 at lochburn earlier in the season but they had greatly improved since then an if they show that fighting spirit they have a chance

Good draw auld pal, give them a phone and let them know how many are likely to travel and they will treat you well up at Dunbar

A few seasons ago was up with Cumnock and was fed and watered like a lord , great folk up there

Good set up at Dunbar and Glens will get a great welcome. They also have (or did have) the tastiest pies I've tasted at a junior ground. The only slight downside is the lack of terracing.

10 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

That was some result to get past Fauldhouse. Didn't see it happening tbh, so you never know??

Archived