Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

Dreghorn

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Seen the light said:

I find this hilarious that Kelty AGAIN have to come on here explaining their income.

Last year it was all the top teams in the East that were on here moaning about Kelty's finances, now they have ruffled the feathers of the famous Auckinleck Talbot.

Well done to Kelty for that.

My opinion: 

I was up at Kelty in December to watch a game, what a set up and its all came from a hard working committe and local buisnessmen that are Kelty born and bread that are successful in business that want to put some of their profits back in to the club to achieve success.

I have seen Auckinleck online with the good coverage TV they provide, if i was asked just now to bet someone for the Scottish it would be Talbot as they are a very good side and when it comes to pressure in big Scottish cup ties they have the experience in there side of being over the course so many times, but the longer Kelty go unbeaten you never know.

On saying on this i would like to see Kelty V Auckinleck semi final with two games against each other instead of the one off's in all other rounds.

All the best Kelty.

They might have ruffled Auckinleck's feathers but lets see how good they are against Auchinleck. 11 times winners of the Scottish Cup and this galoot cannot even spell our name correctly.

Would be nice to see a team or two from the east / central in the final this year. Might make the Heads above within the SJFA change the venue for the Final rather than the same old Rugby Park pish lol!!!

It tends to be a case of which cub is willing to hold the final. By the time it rolls around most of the senior clubs are relaying their turf, leaving Kilmarnock as one of the only options available.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

It tends to be a case of which cub is willing to hold the final. By the time it rolls around most of the senior clubs are relaying their turf, leaving Kilmarnock as one of the only options available.

It is a cracking venue though.

Only way that will change is if the final is brought forward. Is it really necessary to have a 6 week gap between the second leg of the semis and the final? Even if it was 4 weeks it might give more options for the final venue.

8 hours ago, energyzone said:

Of course that's always gonna be the case, but there a couple of more suitable Astro senior pitches that immedietly spring to mind and but we're told "They won't be available"???

Hopefully a wee shakeup of teams in the final this year, and it'll be at a better sized and location ground for both finalists!! 

Personally I'd like to see it held somewhere like Broadwood or Airdrie. Great size and location. More so for Broadwood!! It would also be nearer to a full house likely (8000 capacity). 

Obviously if it's an all Ayrshire affair then that changes things. But that's not always been the case of late!!

FFS Quantum is nearly as bad as FOTJ for kicking up a storm. Have all the decent posters left the building. Talbot running scared again.

Aye thats right Auchinleck talbot will be running scared , the benchmark junior team for about the last 20 yrs , a can't see talbot fearing anyone , people say there not as good a team this year ? But theve put out the holders beith an are still in the competition ? Go figure .

Aye thats right Auchinleck talbot will be running scared , the benchmark junior team for about the last 20 yrs , a can't see talbot fearing anyone , people say there not as good a team this year ? But theve put out the holders beith an are still in the competition ? Go figure .

Some are clearly rattled. Not sure they should be but they are. Plus it's also a wind up. Why so serious?

League business to try and get by first but really looking forward to the Kelty v Kilwinning tie, was impressed with their victory over Beith earlier on in the season, fair to say buffs have been searching for a little consistency off late but they look a really good side when they manage to put things together.

Bit of a test though that`s to be expected, hope its a great match for all concerned & may the best side progress.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 00:52, Dipple burn said:

They might have ruffled Auckinleck's feathers but lets see how good they are against Auchinleck. 11 times winners of the Scottish Cup and this galoot cannot even spell our name correctly.

Galoot lol not heard that one in a long time.

Archived